Beautiful Ash Burl + Solid Spruce = One Great Acoustic-Electric!Fender's CD-220SCE dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar gives you all of that warm, inviting tone and awesome playability that dreadnought axes are known for. Part of Fender's Classic Design series, the CD-220SCE features a comfortable Fender-styled cutaway, a solid spruce top with laminated ash burl back and sides, a tasteful tortoiseshell pickguard, a nato neck with a rosewood fingerboard, a Fishman Presys pickup system with an active on-board preamp and tuner, volume, bass, middle, and treble controls, a phase switch, a rosewood bridge with a compensated bone saddle, an attractive abalone rosette, and classy gold hardware. Get ready to take the stage with this warm-sounding, highly addictive acoustic-electric.
That Infamous Dreadnought ShapeThe dreadnought guitar body shape first appeared in the earlier half of the 20th century, and instantly became a favorite. Its squared shoulders and large size were imitated by so many guitar manufacturers throughout the decades, that the dreadnought shape became ubiquitous. Your Fender CD-220SCE updates this classic design with a tasteful cutaway that makes reaching those higher frets easier than ever.
Solid Spruce and Laminated Ash Burl BodySpruce is an overwhelmingly popular choice for acoustic-electric guitar tops -- it can handle scratches and the conventional abuse that regular gigging musicians tend to inflict on their instruments. Laminated ash burl, a far less common tonewood, is found on the CD-220SCE's back and sides. Not only is ash burl beautiful to look at, it gives your playing a big sound with depth and presence, resulting in a full-bodied tone that is neither too bright nor too dark. You'll love how warm and well-balanced this Fender acoustic sounds.
Nato Neck and Rosewood FingerboardSpanning 20 frets is your Fender 220SCE dreadnought's nato neck, topped with a smooth and inviting rosewood fingerboard that plays like a breeze. Nato necks place a nice emphasis on your lows and mids in a similar fashion to mahogany necks. You'll also be able to get a decent amount of sustain out of this neck with every chords or individual note. The action is tight, comfortable, and addicting to the touch.
Fishman Presys Pickup SystemWhether you're plugged in or going acoustic, your axe will sound great. The Fishman Presys pickup system in this acoustic guitar captures that big and warm dreadnought tone and projects it into a well-articulated signal ready for the PA or your amplifier. This Fishman system features a preamp with an onboard tuner, volume, bass, middle, and treble controls, and a phase switch to help you control unwanted feedback.
Understated Classy LooksStylish looks and sweet tones are what this acoustic-electric is all about. A classy abalone rosette surrounds this baby's soundhole, and gold hardware adds some tasteful flair to the mix. Ivoroid binding and an MOP inlaid headstock logo add more visual appeal, and an attractive tortoiseshell pickguard contrasts nicely against this baby's solid spruce top.
Features:- Dreadnought cutaway body shape
- Solid spruce top
- Laminated ash burl back and sides
- Tortoise shell pickguard
- Scalloped X bracing
- Nato neck with rosewood fingerboard
- 20 frets with dot position inlays
- Scale length of 25.3"
- Fishman Presys pickup system with active on-board preamp and tuner
- Volume, bass, middle, and treble controls
- A phase switches to combat feedback
- Low battery light indicator
- Matching ovangkol or ash burl headcap
- Stylish abalone rosette
- Ivoroid binding and MOP inlaid headstock logo
- Dual action truss rod
- Gold hardware
- Rosewood bridge with compensated bone saddle
- Die-cast tuners
- Bone nut
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: CD-220SCE
- Series: Classic Design
- Body Shape: Dreadnought Cutaway
- Body Back: Laminated Ash Burl
- Body Sides: Laminated Ash Burl
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss Finish
- Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Dot Position Inlays
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Nato
- Neck Finish: Satin Neck Finish
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.3" (64.3 cm)
- Truss Rods: Dual Action Truss Rod
- Special Electronics: Fishman(R) Presys(TM) Pickup System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner
- Controls: Integrated Electronic Tuner with On/Off Switch,Volume,Bass,Mid, Treble,Body (Mid-Sweep),Low Battery Indicator Light
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Bone Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Tuners
- String Nut: Bone
- Strings: Fender(R) Dura-Tone(R) Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Unique Features: Dual Action Truss Rod, Dot Position Inlays, Matching Ovangkol or Ash Burl Headcap, Abalone Rosette, Ivoroid Binding and MOP Inlaid Headstock Logo
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Product DescriptionThe Fender CD-220SCE is a dreadnought cutaway with a full, resonant sound and exotic wood construction in with ash burl back and sides and a natural-finish solid spruce top.
Upgrades include a tortoise shell pickguard and abalone rosette design, compensated rosewood bridge design, black bridge pins with abalone dots, mother-of-pearl Fender logo headstock inlay, and smaller (3 mm) dot fingerboard inlays. Features include scalloped X bracing, back center stripe mosaic inlay, 20-fret rosewood fingerboard, dual-action truss rod, gold hardware and Fishman(R) Presys(TM) pickup system with active onboard preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls and low-battery indicator light.