Explore Unique Bass Territory With FenderAt first glance, the Fender American Deluxe Dimension IV bass is tough to define. With a unique body style and hardware, it's a new foray for Fender. Pick one up, though, and you'll experience their player-friendly design choices at work.
See it in action with this exclusive zZounds video:
A Whole New DimensionThe Dimension bass is new territory for Fender, who crafted the original body shape out of ash for a bass on the lighter side with plenty of resonance. Asymmetry is a theme throughout, with the body's slight tilt giving it a fairly vintage look.
The Dimension's asymmetrical neck heel makes way for players who like to reach all the way up the neck, and the body contour makes a comfortable groove for standing bassists. A five-bolt neck plate also makes the most of being off-center, providing a more stable neck joint.
Neck Sculpted for ComfortWhile playing an asymmetrical neck may sound like a arduous chore, the maple neck of the Fender Dimension breaks symmetry rules with a compound-radius maple fretboard. This design flattens out the fretboard toward the higher end for easy lead playing, while maintaining a more rounded profile at the lower half -- just where you'd want it when playing rhythm. The neck's overall profile is a "C" shape, popular with modern players who want to reach across as much of the neck as possible.
Explore the Sonic FrontierThough outfitted with a single pickup in the bridge pickup, the Dimension makes the most of its electronics to offer a huge range of sounds. That pickup -- a Fender Dimension humbucker -- gives off punchy, authoritative tone that comes alive when overdriven.
The pickup runs into an 18-volt onboard preamp offering a three band EQ with bass, mid, and treble bass/cut and master volume.
Features:- Ash body in Dimension body style
- Asymmetrical "C" shape maple neck
- Maple compound radius fretboard
- Dimension humbucking pickup
- Master volume, treble/bass/mid cut/boost controls
- 18-volt preamp with active three-band EQ
- Fender four-saddle Hi-Mass bridge
- Fender lightweight "F" vintage tuning machines
- Chrome hardware
- Case included
Experience out-of-this-world sound with the Fender Dimension.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: American Deluxe
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Asymmetrical "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil Finish with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- String Nut: Bone, 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood on (728), (733), Maple on (706), (721),
- 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot on (728), (733), Black Dot on (706), (721)
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Fender 4-Saddle Hi-Mass
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Tuning Machines: Fender(R) "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.105)
- Other Features: Asymmetrical Neck Heel, Single Disc String Tree, Stealth "A" String
- Retainer, Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Truss Rod Adjustment,
- Knurled Chrome Flat-Top Control Knobs, 5-Bolt Neckplate, Rear
- Mounted Battery Compartment, Straplock Strap Buttons, Side
- Mounted Oval Output Jack, Graphite Reinforced Neck
- Pickups: Dimension(TM) Humbucking (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Treble Boost/Cut, Mid Boost/Cut and Bass Boost/Cut
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender Amdlx Dimension IV MapleThe Fender American Deluxe Dimension Bass IV is a phenomenal instrument, with an ash body in the Dimension shape and featuring a comfortable asymmetrical neck heel. Its maple neck is crafted with a great-feeling asymmetrical "C"-shaped profile, Posiflex graphite neck support rods, a convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel, smooth hand-rubbed oil finish and five-bolt neck plate. The compound-radius (9.5"-14") maple or rosewood fingerboard has 21 medium jumbo frets and a bone nut, while the headstock has a gloss finish and Stealth "A" string retainer. The instrument's sonic sophistication is simply unmatched. Its single Dimension Bass humbucking pickup is both powerful and nuanced, and its 18-volt onboard preamp, three-band active EQ (center-detented treble, mid and bass boost/cut) and master volume deliver remarkable tonal versatility with any degree of muscle and finesse.
Other premium features include a three-ply black pickguard, knurled chrome control knobs, Fender Hi-Mass bridge, vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, locking strap buttons, side-mounted oval output jack and rear-mounted battery compartment. Available in elegant Natural, Black, Cayenne and Violin Burst gloss finishes. Hard-shell case, leather strap and 10' cable included.
Enter the next dimension of Fender bass. Dimension basses now take their place among Fender's greatest bass designs as the modern pinnacle of pro-level bass style, power, performance and personality. The company that invented electric bass now brings you an elegantly original body style with pickups, electronics and other fine features that let you sculpt and personalize your tone as no Fender bass ever has before. It is a level of bass artistry unparalleled in Fender history, and it is the future of your Fender bass experience.