Elegant Craftsmanship and the Finest Materials
Fender Select series guitars are crafted in the USA with the finest attention to detail, drawing from decades of luthiery experience -- and the Fender Select Stratocaster HSS is no exception. A performance guitar with attitude, this Strat packs a mean punch thanks to the scorching Twin Head humbucking pickup in the bridge position, along with two specially designed Fender Select single-coil Stratocaster pickups. With choice tonewoods, Fender's best hardware and a hand-stained gloss-lacquer finish, the Select Strat HSS is a beauty to behold.
Learn more with this zZounds exclusive video:
Channel-bound Neck and Fingerboard
This Fender Select Stratocaster features a new neck design wherein the fretboard is inlaid into a channel in the neck, such that the neck wraps all the way around the fretboard, rather than the fretboard resting on top of it. This creates a greater bond between the neck and fingerboard, allowing it to function more like single-wood construction -- providing improved resonance, a unique feel, and a stylish look.
- Premium American-made Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Alder body with maple top and hand-stained gloss-lacquer topcoat
- Thick modern C-shaped maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
- 25.5" scale fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and 9.5"-14" compound radius
- Channel-bound neck and fingerboard design offers unique comfort and resonance
- Neck heel contour and Fender Select headstock medallion
- Humbucker / single-coil / single-coil pickup configuration with a Twin Head Humbucking pickup in the bridge position and Fender Select Single-Coil Stratocaster pickups in the neck and middle position
- One volume knob and two tone control knobs
- Five-way pickup selector switch
- Two-point synchronized tremolo with bent steel saddles
- Deluxe staggered cast sealed locking tuning machines
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- Aged white plastic knobs
- Three-ply parchment pickguard
- Bi-Flex truss rod
People love Strats for a reason. They're stylish, they're fun to play, and they sound amazing. With the Select Strat HSS, you get one of the finest Strats Fender has to offer. With Fender's best electronics, top-quality tonewoods, and a tiger-like hand-finished maple top that's a work of art in its own right, wouldn't it be difficult not to fall in love with this guitar?
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Fender Select
- Body Material: Alder with Flame Maple Top
- Body Finish: Hand-Stained with Gloss-Lacquer Topcoat
- Neck: Maple, Thick Modern "C"-Shape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Fingerboard: "Channel-Bound" Rosewood, 9.5 - 14" (24.1 cm-35.56 cm) Compound Radius
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Pickups: Twin-Head Humbucking Pickup (Bridge),
- Fender Select Stratocaster Single-Coil (Middle and Neck)
- Pickup Configuration: H/S/S
- Pickup Switching: Five-Position Blade: Postion 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inner Coil of Humbucker; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone one. (Neck and Middle Pickups), Tone two. (Bridge Pickup and Bridge/Middle Pickup Combination)
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Bridge: Two-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage-Style Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: Three-Ply Parchment
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Other Features: Neck Heel Contour, Fender Select Headstock Medallion
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Select Tweed Case
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender Select Strat HSS GuitarThe 2013 edition of the Fender Select Stratocaster HSS ups the ante on its 2012 predecessor with several striking features. First among these is the "channel-bound" rosewood fingerboard, a Fender innovation in which the compound-radius (9.5" - 14") rosewood fingerboard is "inlaid" into the thick modern "C"-shaped maple neck. In addition to creating a stylish look, it imparts an amazingly comfortable fretting-hand feel in which both edges are pleasingly rounded, with no side seam between neck and fingerboard.
The Fender Select Stratocaster HSS also has a beautiful flame maple-top body with traditional contours. The body has an elegant hand-stained Tobacco Sunburst finish with a gloss lacquer topcoat, and the neck has a hand-rubbed oil finish and a comfortable contoured heel. Other premium features include Fender Select Stratocaster single-coil neck and middle pickups, a full-throated Twin-Head humbucking bridge pickup, five-way switching, three-ply parchment pickguard, aged white control knobs, 21 medium jumbo frets, Bi-Flex truss rod system, two-point synchronized tremolo bridge with vintage-style bent steel saddles, deluxe staggered locking tuners, and Fender Select headstock medallion.
The highly acclaimed Fender Select series of finely crafted guitars and basses put decades of Fender expertise on display, with elegant features and design options for discerning musicians everywhere. Experience figured tops, beautiful finishes, choice tonewoods, figured and quarter-sawn maple necks with compound-radius fingerboards, an innovative "inlaid" fingerboard design on two of the models, specially voiced pickups, and several first-rate features that mark Fender's top-line as remarkable instruments.