Use the S-1 Switch to Bring Out a Ton of Versatility
With the Deluxe Lone Star Stratocaster electric guitar, Fender has landed a shooting star of an instrument that's loud enough to fill any arena -- big or small. The Deluxe Lone Star Strat has been hot-rodded with scorching Texas Special single-coil pickups, making it hotter and bolder than the standard Strat. What's more, it offers a Twin Head humbucking pickup in the bridge position, delivering more crunch in the low end than you'd typically get with an all-single-coil configuration. And for those times when a standard Strat is what you're looking for, the Deluxe Lone Star Strat offers Fender's S-1 switch which effectively reduces the humbucker to a single-coil, giving you the flexibility to play many styles of music without changing axes.
Fender's S-1 Switch
As if the tonal possibilities of hot-rodded Texas Special pickups and a humbucker wasn't enough, the Deluxe Lone Star Strat offers the unique flexibility of Fender's S-1 switch. Located on the master volume knob, the S-1 switch lets you de-energize the inner humbucking coil, reducing the humbucker to a third single-coil pickup, just like you'd see on the standard Strat. So just to recap: the Deluxe Lone Star Strat is a hot-rodded Strat with modular electronics that switches between HSS and SSS pickup configurations, making it one of the most versatile and playable instruments on the market.
See the Fender Deluxe Lone Star Strat in action!
- Hot-rodded Mexican-made Fender Stratocaster electric guitar
- Modular pickup design is switchable between humbucker/single-coil/single-coil and all single-coil pickup configuration
- Alder Stratocaster body with gloss polyester finish
- Lightly tinted C-shaped maple neck with large '70s-style Strat headstock with logo decal and gloss urethane finish
- 25.5" scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and a 9.5" fingerboard radius
- Texas Special single-coil Strat pickups in the neck and middle positions
- Black-Bobbin Twin Head humbucking pickup in the bridge position
- Chrome hardware and aged white plastic tuning knobs
- One master volume and two master tone control knobs (one for neck and one for middle and bridge pickups)
- 5-way pickup selector switch
- S-1 switch on volume knob energizes just the outer coil of the humbucker
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo with vintage-style tremolo arm
- Standard sealed tuning machines
- Fender USA .009-.042 gauge nickel-plated steel strings and gig bag included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Deluxe Lone Star(TM) Stratocaster(R), Rosewood Fingerboard
- Model Number: 0145030300
- Series: Deluxe
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster(R)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Twin Head Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Texas Special(TM) Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Texas Special(TM) Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Special Electronics: S-1 Switch on Volume Control Selects Rear Coil of Bridge Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tips: Aged White
- Strings: Fender(R) USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Large '70s Style Strat(R) Headstock and Logo Decal, Dual Wing String Trees, Lightly Tinted Neck, Black-Bobbin Twin-Head Humbucking Bridge Pickup, Aged White Plastic Parts
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender Dlx Lone Star Strat, RosewoodFender's Deluxe Lone Star Stratocaster rocks tone as big as Texas itself, hot-rodded with Texas Special single-coil neck and middle pickups, a huge-sounding black-bobbin Fender Twin Head humbucking bridge pickup, and an S-1 switch built into the volume knob to select the outer coil of the bridge pickup for single-coil tone.
Other features include a tinted maple neck with "modern C" profile and large '70s-style headstock, 9.5"-radius maple or rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, five-way pickup switch, three-ply mint green pickguard, aged white control knobs, and vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge.