Though never quite as universal as the Stratocaster or Telecaster, the Jazzmaster is an absolute classic Fender in its own right. The Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special is a vintage-styled version in the mold of the mid-60s classics complete with hallmark tone switches, soapbar pickups, and floating tremolo system. For the countless players out there who have always longed for a classic Jazzmaster of their own, the Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special is a fantastic choice.
Classic Jazzmaster ElectronicsApart from its unique body shape, the original Jazzmaster was distinguished by the use of two versatile soapbar pickups and an innovative tone-circuit switch. The Jazzmaster pickup was designed for tonal versatility and clarity using a wider coil than most Fender pickups and magnetic pole-pieces. Though single-coils, Fender Jazzmaster pickups are known for producing a rich, warm tonal character comparable to humbuckers. Ironically, the Jazzmaster was never widely adopted by jazz players, but the distinct tonal flavor given by the pickups and rhythm and lead circuits has made the Jazzmaster a mainstay in genres like surf-rock, grunge, and experimental-rock.
Revolutionary Floating TremoloJazzmasters are also known for their distinctive floating tremolo system. This landmark Jazzmaster innovation puts a full range of tremolo tools right in your hand whether elongating a bend at the end of a solo or adding some wavy texture to your strumming pattern. Even with the wild floating tremolo, the Classic Player Jazzmaster Special does a great job staying in-tune thanks largely to the sturdy adjusto-matic bridge.
Pedalboard's Best FriendThe Jazzmaster has a reputation as one of the most pedal-friendly guitars ever made, and the Classic Player Jazzmaster Special is no exception. The versatile tone switching tools along with the responsive soapbar pickups strike an ideal configuration to be highlighted by any number of diverse stompboxes. Especially when run through a Fender tube amp, the Classic Player Jazzmaster combines with delay, reverb, fuzz and other pedals as if they are direct extensions of the guitar itself. The Jazzmaster's pedal-friendliness is one of the main reasons noise-rock pioneers like Dinosaur Jr's J Mascis and Sonic Youth's Lee Ranaldo can be counted as, well...Jazzmaster masters.
Vintage Fender Style and Feel To round out the timeless appeal of the Classic Players Jazzmaster Special, Fender has outfitted this axe with a full set of stunning vintage features. The tortoise-shell pickguard set against the classic finishes makes a striking appearance as does the vintage headstock and tuners. The neck is made from maple in a comfortable C-shape profile, and capped with a rosewood fingerboard. Combined with the ergonomic back contour on the body, the Classic Players Jazzmaster Special is the kind of guitar that just begs to be played well past your bedtime.
Features: - Vintage Jazzmaster design and style
- Updated Jazzmaster soapbar pickups
- Floating tremolo system with sturdy ajusto-matic bridge
- Comfortable C-shaped profile on maple neck
- Three-way pickup selector and rhythm/lead tone circuit switch
- Included gig bag
There's something about the design of the Jazzmaster that has attracted a certain breed of guitarist for decades. Maybe it's the distinctive tone and compatibility with effects. Maybe it's the ultra sleek design and vintage style. It might just be the appeal of having a classic Fender a little less common than a Strat or Tele. Whatever the reason, the Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster Special is a timeless take on the Jazzmaster design with all the quality and tone you expect from Fender.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Classic Player Jazzmaster Special
- Model Number: 014-1600-(Color#)
- Series: Classic Player Series
- Colors: (300) 3-Color Sunburst, (306) Black, (Polyester Finish)
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5 in. Radius (241mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 2 Special Design Hot Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- "Lead" Circuit: Volume, Tone,
- "Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, Tone
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Up: Lead Tone Circuit
- Down: Rhythm Tone Circuit
- Bridge: Fender Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Buttonn
- Machine Heads: Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650 in. (41 mm)
- Pickups with Fatter Tone and More Output,
- Adjusto-Matic Bridge,
- Medium Jumbo Frets,
- Neck Pocket Cut Provides Better Pitch,
- 9.5" Radius,
- Trem Plate Moved Closer to Bridge to Increase Break Angle and Sustain,
- Screw-In Tremolo Arm,
- White Plastic Knobs and Switches
- Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046), p/n 073-0250-006
- Accessories Included: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Introduced: 6/2008
Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- 3-Color Sunburst
- Shipping Weight: 14 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs