Product DescriptionCombining a vintage aesthetic with a modern features, the Fender Special Run Telecaster Custom is decidely more versatile than other Teles on the market. First and foremost, it presents you with both a single-coil pickup and a humbucker, to give you a much wider spectrum of tonal possibilities. This Telecaster also features a C-shaped neck -- a little more slender and fast than some of the older Tele necks. Special? Indeed it is!
Alder Body Meets Maple NeckThe body on the Fender Special Run Telecaster Custom is solid alder with a gloss polyester finish, while its neck and fingerboard are solid maple. The 7.25-inch-radius fretboard has 21 smaller vintage-style frets, all clearly accessible up through the entire neck. Carved in the classic "C" shape, this Tele's neck has a 25.5-inch scale length and measures 1.650 inches at the synthetic bone nut.
A Dynamic Duo of PickupsThe Standard Single-Coil Tele pickup in the bridge position gives you the classic and immediately recognizable sound heard on countless Telecaster recordings. The "Wide Range" humbucking pickup in the neck position, however, delivers a world of richness and complexity unto itself.
The Wide Range pickup was designed by Seth Lover for the Fender Telecasters in the early 1970s. Production on the originals ceased in 1979, but numerous reissues have appeared over the years, owing to popularity of the sound. The neck pickup in this Fender Special Run Telecaster Custom is essentially a careful update of the original Seth Lover design, delivering more punch and clarity than most other humbuckers. Their tone is fatter than most, with a smooth warmth that evokes a vintage sound. At the same time, Wide Range pickups are capable of a bite that is much more powerful than that of a typical single-coil.
Classic AppointmentsThe Fender Special Run Telecaster Custom is detailed with nickel/chrome hardware, and matching Fender vintage "F"-stamped tuning machines. The bridge is a 3-Saddle American Vintage strings-through-body design. This Special Run Tele Custom's pickguard is a vintage cut with a 3-ply Black/White/Black construction, and skirted control knobs complete the image of a classic guitar -- updated for the future.
Features:- Alder Body with gloss polyester finish
- Maple Neck carved in "C" Shape
- Maple fingerboard
- 21 Vintage-Style Frets
- Synthetic Bone String Nut
- "Bullet" Style Truss Rod
- 1 x Standard Single-Coil Tele Bridge Pickup
- 1 x Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Neck Pickup
- 3-Position Toggle pickup toggle switch
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware
- Fender Vintage "F" Stamped Tuning Machines
- 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Bridge
- 3-Ply Black/White/Black Pickguard
- Skirted Control Knobs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Special Edition
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: "Bullet" Style
- Pickups: Standard Single-Coil Tele (Bridge) Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Grooved Steel Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Strings: Fender USA Super 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Other Features: 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt Adjustment, Black Dot Position Inlays, Skirted Amp Control Knobs, Dual-Wing String Trees
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Walnut
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Product DescriptionThe Fender Special Run Telecaster Custom combines the tradition of a single-coil bridge pickup with the supercharged sound of a humbucking neck pickup. Features include an alder body, maple neck with three-bolt plate and MicroTilt adjustment, maple fingerboard, singlecoil Telecaster bridge pickup, Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup, and vintage-style bridge and tuners.