Artist Customization Takes This Classic Guitar Into the Future!
When Queens of the Stone Age guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen gets inspired to come up with his next paradigm-shifting, face-melting riff, the first thing he reaches for is his Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster electric guitar.
See the Jazzmaster up close in this zZounds exclusive interview with Troy Van Leeuwen:
Gloss Oxblood Finish
A modern take on a Fender classic, Troy's signature Jazzmaster is based on the design of a 1966 Jazzmaster, right down to the bound neck and block inlays. But this signature model is most notable for its distinctive gloss oxblood finish. Explains Troy, "I really wanted something that accentuates the curves and contours of the body style, but still maintained a period-correct aesthetic. So I came up with a color called Candy Oxblood. In darker light it looks like a stock black, and in brighter light it looks like candy apple red." Topped with a 4-ply red tortoiseshell pickguard, this Jazzmaster's finish contrasts with white "witch hat" control knobs.
Custom Hardware and Electronics; American Vintage Pickups
This dark-horse Jazzmaster is about more than eye-catching looks. Rather than the traditional slider switch, you'll find a 2-way toggle on this Jazzmaster's upper horn for switching between lead and rhythm circuits. Replacing the original bridge, the Troy Van Leeuwen model sports a Fender Mustang bridge with brass saddles, combined with a Jazzmaster tailpiece. Two American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster single-coil pickups with three-way toggle switching provide the firepower for Troy's heavy riffs and atmospheric textures.
A History of Epic Tone
From his early days in Failure, where he forged relationships with many of his illustrious musical peers; to his current gig as guitarist in Queens of the Stone Age, Troy Van Leeuwen has been crafting great rock and roll tones and tunes for decades. As a multi-instrumentalist, producer and songwriter, Van Leeuwen uses his incredible skill and creative talent to concoct new and innovative sounds that are rooted in vintage analog warmth, yet push the boundaries of modern guitar tone.
Create your own distinctive sounds with the Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster!
- Gloss Oxblood finish with a four-ply red tortoiseshell pickguard
- Vintage-Style "Witch Hat" control knobs
- Custom Electronics
- Brass-saddle Mustang bridge, with a Jazzmaster tailpiece
- Vintage-Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Maple neck with "C"-shaped profile
- Heel-end truss rod adjustment
- 7.25"-radius bound rosewood fingerboard with pearloid block inlays
- 21 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style tuners
- 2 American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster single-coil pickups
- Troy Van Leeuwen Signature on Back of Headstock
- Hardshell case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650" (42 mm)
- Fingerboard: White Bound Rosewood, 7.25" (184.1 mm) Radius
- Frets: 21, Vintage-Style
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Jazzmaster(R) Bridge with Nickel-Plated Brass Mustang(R) Saddles
- and Vintage-Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender(R) USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Pickups: American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster(R) (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Toggle:
- Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Series: Artist
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Other Features: Troy Van Leeuwen Signature on Back of Headstock, 2-Position
- Toggle Lead/Rhythm Switch in Upper Position, Metallic Oxblood
- Paint, Matching Painted Headstock Face, White Plastic Parts,
- "Witch Hat" Control Knobs, Single "Wing" String Tree, Vintage-Style Strap Buttons
- Case/Gig Bag: Black Hardshell Case
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Oxblood
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen JazzmasterThe Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster is as distinctive as the sounds he wrings from it. Its gloss Oxblood finish with a four-ply red tortoiseshell pickguard is darkly alluring, with the interestingly contrasting touch of two white "witch hat" control knobs. The dual tone circuits (lead, rhythm) use a two-way toggle switch on the upper horn rather than the customary slider switch, and the brass-saddle Mustang(R) bridge is combined with a Jazzmaster tailpiece. Other features include a maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and heel-end truss rod adjustment, 7.25"- radius bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets and pearloid block inlays, two American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster single-coil pickups with three-way toggle switching, and vintage-style tuners. Hard-shell case included.
Well back into the 1990s and right up to this day, Troy Van Leeuwen has contributed deftly textural guitar work and atmospherics to some of alt-heavy rock's most acclaimed and forward thinking bands. From the influential '90s alternative of Failure to A Perfect Circle, Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Puscifer and others, Van Leeuwen's multi-instrumental expertise has given great color and power to a great deal of very creative rock music.