Smooth, Modern Tone for Contemporary Players
Looking for a Strat with an added humbucker punch? Check out the American Standard HSS. Updated, the HSS Strat serves up generous portions of classic Stratocaster tone with the added versatility of a humbucker in the bridge position. Shimmering Fender highs and crunchy humbucking mids, the American Standard HSS does it all with the quality and comfort you expect from Fender.
Fender Custom Shop Pickups
The HSS sports a triple set of superb pickups straight from the Fender Custom Shop. A dual-coil Diamondback humbucker occupies the bridge position while two Fat '50s single-coils sit in the middle and neck slots. The Diamondback gives full low-end and hotter mids to cover everything from blues-rock to metal. The single-coils upfront churn out ample amounts of ringing Fender high-end so there's no lack of surf-rock tones to go around. With three powerful pickups and a five-way pickup selector, the HSS Strat presents an all-you-can-eat buffet of zesty tonal flavors.
Check out this video and see each step in the creation of an American Strat at Fender's Corona, CA facility:
Upgraded Features and Components
This HSS Strat features a high mass metal bridge with improved steel saddles for outstanding sustain and stability. The neck is crafted in a comfortable modern C-shaped profile with hand-rolled edges and a maple fingerboard. Like the rest of the American Standard series, the undercoating is thinner than in previous releases which allows the wood to breath more and enhances resonances through the entire guitar.
- Three high-end Fender pickups with Custom Shop Fat '50s in the neck and middle pickups positions and Diamondback humbucker at the bridge
- High mass bridge block with bent steel saddles and two-point synchronized tremolo
- Thinner undercoat finish for improved body resonance
- Tinted neck and aged plastic parts for classic Fender look
- Included hardshell case
HSS Stratocasters are a great choice for players in need of classic Fender tone with a little something extra. For one of most versatile and powerful HSS Strats yet, look no further than the American Standard.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: American Standard
- Body: Alder, Ash (Sienna Sunburst only)
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Maple Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front
- Neck Shape: Modern C Shape
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.5 inches (64.8 cm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.685 inches (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex Truss Rod System
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8 inch American Series Nut
- Pickups: Custom Shop fat 50's Strat Neck/Middle, Diamondback Humbucking Pickup
- Pickup Switching: Pos. 1. Humbucking Pickup, Pos. 2. Middle Pickup/Inside Coil of Bridge Humbucking Pickup in Parallel, Pos. 3. Middle Pickup, Pos. 4. Neck and Middle Pickup in Parallel, Pos. 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck and Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup and Bridge/Middle Pickup Combination)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style Bent Steel Saddles
- Strap Buttons: American Series Strap Buttons
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Included Accessories: Fender Pro Series Case (FEN 0996180320), Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):