Notable for rich, clear high-gain tones, the EVH 5150 line of amps has become a favorite not only among Van Halen fanatics but modern metal players as well. With the 5150 III MX 50-watt head, EVH has developed an amp ready to rock on stages or in bedrooms.
Three Channels of Pronounced Tone
The 5150 III's clean channel will appeal to players looking for bright and ringing clean tones. Turning up the gain on this channel to about 7 will induce an organic overdrive. In crunch mode, the amp will satisfy anyone looking for a classic rock sound rich in harmonics, and with the gain turned up, the 5150 III starts to evoke the legendary tones of its namesake guitarist. Those who really want to run with the devil should try the lead channel and experience just how heavy the amp can sound. With seven 12AX7 preamp tubes driving the 5150 III, the amp delivers layers of solid gain that add oomph to low-end rhythms but keep your shredding runs sounding clear and fluid.
Unique Control Options
The 5150 III's clean and crunch channel share EQ controls, so if you dial in a clean sound you really like, it's easy to add more gain without changing its characteristics. When you really want to transform your sound, the lead channel offers a separate slate of EQ controls so you can scoop or boost mids, or alter the sound however you want. A master presence control helps to maintain brightness across the channels.
Inputs and Outputs Expand Possibilities
Part of the appeal of this 50-watt version of the 5150 is its volume versatility. If you need tons of volume to keep up with your band, you can plug the 5150 II into a 4X12 cabinet -- or two -- through the parallel speaker output jacks. For quieter sessions, the 50-watt amp through a single speaker cabinet won't raise the dead. For completely silent practice, the 5150 III features a headphone jack. The amp also has a MIDI input, allowing you to connect almost any MIDI device to control channels and effects.
- 50-watt head
- Clean, crunch, and lead channels
- 7 JJ ECC83 (12AX7) preamp tubes
- 2 JJ 6L6 power tubes
- 4-button footswitch included
- MIDI input
- Parallel speaker output jacks with selectable impendence (4, 8, or 16 ohms)
- Headphone jack
- EVH striped steel grill
In the 5150 III, EVH has crafted a 50-watt head that can handle all the gain of its bigger brothers -- that you can still rock at home.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Wattage: 50-watt
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Inputs: Front Panel Instrument 1/4 in. Mono Jack (Insert)
- Headphone Jack: 1/4 in. Stereo Jack
- Line Out: Line Out Jack
- Extension Speaker Jack: 2 Parallel Speaker Output Jacks
- Channels: 3, Channel 1 and 2 Share EQ
- Controls: Master Presence, Channel 1 and 2: Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume; Channel 3: Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume, Master Resonance Control (rear panel)
- Hardware: Black
- Cabinet Material: Plywood
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red LED Jewel
- Handle: Black Strap
- Front Panel: Black EVH Striped Steel
- Cover/Grill Cloth: Black or Ivory Textured Vinyl Covering with Black EVH Striped Steel Grille
- Input Impedance: >1M ohms
- Output Impedance: 4, 8 or 16 ohms (Selectable)
- Amplifier Length: 12" (30.4 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 20" (50.8 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 8.5" (21.6 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 35 lbs. (15.9 kg)
- Preamp Tubes: 7 JJ ECC83 (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 2 JJ 6L6
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 25 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 45 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 480-596-7195
Loaded with pure EVH Eddie Van Halen sound and power, the EVH Eddie Van Halen 5150 III 50-watt Head is a scaled-down version of its acclaimed 100-watt big brother-the mighty 5150III head-with many of the same great features. Its smaller size and portability make it a perfect amp for players who want arena volume, tone and performance in a compact package. It pairs perfectly with the EVH 5150 III 2x12 and 1x12 cabinets, in addition to the current EVH 5150 III 4x12 cabinet.
It's a three-channel amp; channels one and two share EQ, with gain, low, mid, high and volume controls; channel three has gain, low, mid, high, volume and master presence and resonance controls. Other features include selectable impedance (4, 8 or 16 ohms), dual parallel speaker output jacks, effects loop, headphone jack, line out and black hardware. Included four-button footswitch has 1/4 inch input jack; also accommodates MIDI footswitching. Available in Black and Ivory textured vinyl covering with black EVH-striped grille.
- 4-button footswitch with 1/4 in. cable input with fast switching
- MIDI input that can be used to control channels and effects loop with virtually any MIDI device
- 3 foot heavy duty speaker cable
- Headlock for attaching head to 2 x 12 tilt-back cabinet