The U46XL is a powerful multi-purpose 4-in 6-out multi-channel audio interface designed for various recording applications at home or on the road. The U46XL is the successor of to ESI Audio's famous U46DJ interface.
As its predecessor, it provides 2 stereo line inputs, a microphone input with +48V phantom power and a headphone output. A main difference is the improved analog circuitry improving the audio quality as well as the professional microphone preamplifier with XLR input. This makes the U46XL the perfect solution to record signals from dynamic or condenser microphones on the road or in your studio.
The unit also features an instrument input (Hi-Z), typically to connect a guitar directly to it. Two totally separate stereo line input on the backside provide 4 simultaneously usable input channels at one time. There are also 6 independent individual outputs on the backside, perfect for multi-channel playback applications like to provide individual outputs for software synthesizers, to provide independent playback channels for DJ software or to provide surround playback capability via a 5.1 setup. A separate mix output with professional TRS outputs could be used to connect U46XL to professional stereo studio monitors.
A cool feature is the DirectWIRE support in the driver, allowing you to record signals from one application to another internally. U46XL works with this driver based on our EWDM technology under Windows XP and Windows Vista/7, however U46XL is also Mac OS X compatible.
U46XL ships with Cubase LE 4 from Steinberg for Mac and PC to start recording on a professional level right out of the box.
- Compact device in stylish white / aluminum case
- Supports 48kHz input recording and output playback with 100dB(a) dynamic range ADC / DAC
- 6 channel analog output plus separate mix output
- Microphone input with balanced XLR input and switchable +48V support
- Hi-Z input signal support (i.e. for electric guitars)
- 4 channel analog line input (4 simultaneous input channels in total)
- Bus powered (no extra power supply needed)
- EWDM driver with MME, WDM and ASIO 2.0 support; supports DirectWIRE
- Compatible to current Windows versions including Windows XP and Windows Vista/7, Mac OS X compatible (from 10.3)
- Cubase LE 4 from Steinberg included, for Mac & PC
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
ESI Audio products.