EarthQuaker Devices Cloven Hoof V2The EarthQuaker Devices Cloven Hoof is the Hoof's evil twin. It looks a lot like the Hoof, only more, um...Cloven.
They kept the tightness and clarity you loved about the Hoof, along with the wide range of fuzz sounds, and threw the rest away. NOS Germanium transistors? Nope! In their place, they installed a set of four specially selected Silicon transistors for cleaner cleans, higher gain, improved temperature stability, and a grittier, grindier, nastier fuzz tone with over 4x the gain of the original Hoof. They also replaced key resistors with NOS Carbon Comp components to sprinkle a little bit of vintage flavor into the Cloven Hoof's searing fuzz fury.
The "Tone" and "Shift" controls remain intact, only now they're re-voiced for a smoother sweep, and more precise control over the Cloven Hoof's beefy low-end. Speaking of low-end, have you heard this thing on bass? Wow. Try the Cloven Hoof on a bass guitar. You can still cut or boost the mids, and there's still a metric ton of output on tap, for the love of all that's Cloven, play this pedal with a bass guitar.
EQD pedals take a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
The Cloven Hoof is the perfect solution for those of you who wish the Hoof had more low-end, higher gain, and was just a little bit Hoofier.
Each and every Cloven Hoof is one-hundred percent analog, true bypass, and built by qualified cowboys, cowgirls, and rodeo clowns in the organic, grass-fed, farm-to-table cattle ranch of Akron, Ohio, USA, y'all.
Features:- Silicon fuzz
- NOS Carbon comp circuitry
- Extended bass response and higher gain vs. Hoof
- "Shift" knob selects center frequency of the "Tone" control
- Silent soft-touch switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- Built by qualified cowboys, cowgirls, and rodeo clowns in the organic, grass-fed, farm-to-table cattle ranch of Akron, Ohio, USA, y'all.
- Lifetime guarantee
zZounds is an authorized dealer of EarthQuaker Devices products.
- Fuzz: Clockwise for heavy, counterclockwise for light.
- Tone: Bass to the left, Treble to the right.
- Level: Use this control to make the Cloven Hoof louder or quieter.
- Shift: This adjusts the mid content, clockwise for scooped mids, counterclockwise for boosted.
- Dimensions with knobs: 4.625 x 2.5 x 2.25"
- Power: Current draw is 10 mA
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):