Epiphone Bjorn Gelotte Les Paul Custom
Epiphone welcomes one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time, Bjoern Gelotte of In Flames, to the Epiphone family of signature artists with the premier of the Limited Edition Designed exclusively by the Swedish riff master (and former drummer!) of In Flames, Bjoern Gelotte, the Epiphone Limited Edition Bjoern Gelotte Les Paul Custom Outfit is a classic Les Paul design with some personal touches that reflect Gelotte's incredible attention to detail that have made him one of the most influential metal guitarists of his generation.
Limited Edition Bjoern Gelotte Les Paul Custom:
The Epiphone Limited Edition Bjoern Gelotte Les Paul Custom Outfit features a classic Les Paul profile with a Mahogany body finished in a deep Ebony gloss and trimmed with 5-layer cream and black binding. Gelotte chose a Mahogany neck that's rounded to a Custom '59 profile and topped with a beautiful Ebony fingerboard. Like all great Les Pauls, the neck is glued to the body with a deep set neck joint. The Les Paul-standard style 24.75" scale neck has pearloid block inlays, a standard 1.68" nut, and an Epiphone Les Paul headstock with In Flames' iconic "Jester" inlay on the front and a Limited Edition logo in gold on the back. The iconic Les Paul style bell-shaped truss rod cover features Bjoern Gelotte signature in white.
It takes a dynamic pickup that can match Bjoern Gelotte fiery chops and for his debut signature Les Paul, Gelotte chose legendary EMG pickups with an EMG-85 USA "MetalWorks" active humbucker in the neck position and an EMG-81 USA "MetalWorks" active humbucker in the bridge position.
The "85" was one of EMG's first custom pickups and features close aperture coils loaded with Alnico V magnets for a powerful sound with exceptional organic tone and versatility. The EMG-81 USA "MetalWorks" active humbucker in the lead position is perhaps EMG's most famous pickup and the one that started the "active" revolution. Utilizing powerful ceramic magnets and close aperture coils, the tone of the "81" has detailed intensity, incredible amounts of high end cut, and fluid sustain. Used together, the sound blistering and unmistakable.
Classic Les Paul Controls:
Both EMG pickups are powered by standard Les Paul-style volume and tone controls using Black "Top Hat" control knobs and Epiphone's patented all-metal 3-way Pickup Selector switch with a cream toggle cap. Each pickup is powered by a 9-volt battery located in an EZ-access compartment on the back of the body.
Rock Solid Hardware:
The Limited Edition Bjoern Gelotte Les Paul Custom Outfit features Epiphone's famous LockTone "Nashville-Style" Tune-o-matic bridge with a Stopbar tailpiece along with Grover Roto-matic machine heads with an 18:1 tuning ratio for quick, intuitive and no-slip tuning.
In Flames guitarist Bjorn Gelotte runs through his artist series Les Paul:
- Mahogany Body
- Rounded, Custom '59 Profile Mahogany Neck
- Ebony Fingerboard with Pearloid "Block" Inlays
- EMG-81/85 USA "Metalworks" Active Pickups
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Epiphone products.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Rounded, Custom '59 Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In;
- Headstock: "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid, In Flames "Jester" inlay in Pearloid
- Back of Headstock: "Epiphone Limited Edition" logo in gold
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer; Black/White; Bell-Shaped; "Bjorn's" signature in White
- Nut: Ivory; PVC
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Pearloid "Block" Inlays
- Frets: 22; Medium/Jumbo
- Neck Pickup: EMG-85 USA "Metalworks"; Smooth Cover; Active
- Bridge Pickup: EMG-81 USA "Metalworks"; Smooth Cover; Active
- Controls: Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector with cream toggle cap, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, Bridge Pickup Tone
- Body Top Binding: 5 layer; Cream/Black
- Body Back Binding: 5 layer; Cream/Black
- Headstock Binding: 5 layer; Cream/Black
- Fingerboard Binding: 1 ply (Cream)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Bridge: LockTone "Nashville-Style" Tune-o-matic and Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover Roto-matics; 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: 5-Layer; Black/White
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats"
- Back Cavity Cover: Black PVC with EZ-Access 9-Volt battery compartment
- Output Jack: Rim-mounted; Epiphone Non-Rotating Heavy-Duty
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Color: Ebony (gloss)
- Includes: Custom Hard Case with "B.I.G" logo in Gold, Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Binder with certificate and photograph, User's Manual, Truss Rod Wrench, Epiphone Poster, Epiphone Bumper Sticker
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):