The Electro-Voice ZLX-15P powered loudspeakers go above and beyond most of the other powered speakers on the market. First of all, this speaker delivers an astonishing 1,000 watts of power in a unit weighing 38 pounds -- so gigging with ZLX-15Ps is truly manageable. They also come with well-designed onboard DSP that allows you to make precision adjustments to your sound, right on the speakers themselves!
Mighty Bi-Amp Output
Each ZLX-15P is a true 2-way bi-amp design, driving 1,000 watts between the woofer and tweeter cone. The 15-inch low frequency woofer is an EVS-15K, specially-designed to deliver a low end that is tight and clearly defined, even when pushing out maximum volumes. This gives it markedly more defined sound than the Electro Voice ZLX-12P, which uses a smaller 12" LF driver.
The 1.5-inch DH-1K high-frequency transducer in the ZLX-15P is a titanium compression driver. The speakers benefit hugely from the authentic Class-D amp design in the ZLX-12P, which allows the amplifier to use power far more efficiently than an AB system, eliminating much of the heat gain common in other speakers.
Cleverly Integrated DSP Interface
The ZLX-15P comes with an onboard DSP that not only adds great-sounding signal processing, but is also incredibly simple to use. Rather than presenting an additional bank of knobs or switches, the DSP onboard the ZLX-15P is simply activated by holding down the volume knob. Menu items then appear on the LCD control screen and can be navigated by turning the knob. This gives you control over Mode and Speaker Location, allowing you to customize the frequency balance and dynamic range of the speaker for situations like Music, Live, Speech, or Club. It also allows you to tweak the speakers for use as a Monitor, or to specify output for a Pole or Bracket mount-type situation. Treble, Bass, and Sub outputs are also accessible via the DSP.
Versatile Ins and Outs For Any Situation
The I/O is straightforward and useful. 2 x XLR/TRS inputs, and 1 x XLR output allows you send to balanced sound to and from the speaker, so you can daisy chain other ZLX-15Ps when desired. A handy 1/8-inch auxiliary input allows you to run an external stereo supply from an iPod or similar sound source.
- Custom-built 1000-Watt Class-D bi-amplified design
- 15-inch woofer
- 1.5-inch high-frequency titanium compression driver
- DSP control with presets for Use Type and Speaker Orientation
- LCD display for DSP control
- Input level meters
- Independent amplifier control
- Super-durable polypropylene enclosures
- 18-gauge steel grille
- Integrated pole mount cups
- Patented split-baffle design
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Power: 1000 W (Class D)
- SPL: 127 dBmax SPL
- Response: 42 Hz - 20 kHz
- Woofer: 15 inch woofer
- Tweeter: 1.5 inch high-frequency titanium compression driver
- Weight: 38 lbs (17.3 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 49 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 98 lbs
The Electro-Voice ZLX15P Powered Loudspeaker allows you to extend your low-end when used alone, but when paired with a Live X Sub, the ZLX15P provides crisp, clean highs and tight, deep lows for larger sized venues. Give your productions all the headroom they need for an incredible performance that comes across Loud and Clear!
The powered ZLX models cut through the competition with the most complete and innovative package of features in their class - all of which work together to make it quicker and easier than ever to take control of your sound, whatever the show.
ZLX: Take Control
With ZLX, Electro-Voice set out with a singular goal: to deliver best-in-class performance across every detail. ZLX combines decades of proven pro-audio engineering know-how with a bold look and user-friendly features that give you an extraordinary amount of control over your sound -- all with the renowned EV quality and reliability the pros trust.
- 15 inch woofer and 1.5 inch high-frequency titanium compression driver
- LCD display and unique single-knob DSP control with presets quickly optimize ZLX to suit your performance style and space
- Input level meters and independent amplifier control- ensure optimal gain structure in seconds
- Custom-built 1000-W Class-D amplifier for best-in-class sound
- Lightweight, 38 lbs, super-durable composite construction
- Unique hi/lo grip design for effortless pole mounting and portability
- Patented split-baffle design for superior driver time alignment and enhanced sonic impact and intelligibility