Steep Slope Analog Crossovers for Divinely Detailed Sound!The Electro-Voice TX2152 TourX is a two-way full-range passive loudspeaker with 1000 watts of continuous power handling. Boasting dual 15" woofers, it is characterized by a sound that is distinctly superior to most other powered loudspeakers. The EV TX2152 benefits from a thoroughly proprietary design, integrating high-end componentry into a unit that delivers great acoustic rendering at any volume level. A pair of these would make for perfect front-of-house mains in any small-to-medium-sized room or venue.
2 x 15 Woofer Design for the Best Low End PossibleThe EV TX2152s are distinguished by their use of a 2 x 15-inch woofer design. This imparts a low-end rendering that is better balanced and clearer than possible with a single woofer cone. These SMX LF transducers are routed through a fully-symmetric drive stage that makes them sing as though they were the one.
Proprietary Compression Driver DesignThe Electro-Voice TX2152 is further distinguished as the only Electro-Voice Tour X model employing the 2-inch neodymium ND2 compression driver in the tweeter position.
Exceptional Analog CrossoverElectro-Voice's pride and joy in this speaker is the completely re-designed integrated analog crossover circuit. This utilizes elliptical filters to achieve exceptional 36 dB per octave slopes at the crossover frequency. Technical specifications aside, this adds up to a speaker with markedly greater transient response than most other speakers on the market. Moreover, the TX2152 employs a rotateable 60 x 40 degree horn that achieves better pattern control than most other speakers of the same power rating.
Handsome and Durable Backbone DesignThe TX2152 speakers employ a backbone-style grille which is aesthetically attractive, but also extremely resilient. In fact, this speaker is sure to be one of the most durable pieces of gear in your rig. Weighing just under 95 pounds, the TX2152 has Electro-Voice-designed ergonomic handles to facilitate moving. The input panels are angled for easier access. The speaker also incorporates six 0.375-inch threaded suspension inserts, so that it can be easily transported. It weighs just under 95 pounds.
Features:-2 x 15-inch full-range passive PA speaker
- 2-inch neodymium ND2 HF compression driver
- Proprietary analog crossover with 36 dB per octave slopes
- Rotate-able 60 x 40 degree horn
- Backbone-style grille
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Electro-Voice products.
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 55 - 13000 Hz
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 50 - 18000 Hz
- Recommended High-Pass Frequency: 40 Hz
- Sensitivity 1W/1m: 103 dB
- Max. SPL / 1m (calc): 139 dB
- Coverage (nominal -6dB) H degree: 60 degrees
- Coverage (nominal -6dB) V degree: 40 degrees
- Rotatable Horn: Yes
- System Power Handling (continuous/program/peak): 1000/2000/4000 Watts
- LF Transducer: (2) SMX2151
- HF Transducer: ND2
- Crossover Frequency: 1750 Hz
- Nominal Impedance (Passive): 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 3.1 Ohms
- Enclosure Material: Plywood and MDF with EVCOAT
- Suspension: (6) 3/8-inch threaded inserts
- Color: Black
- Flying: Yes
- Input Connections: Parallel Neutrik(R) NL4
- Internal Crossover: Yes
- Speaker Type: Fullrange
- Weight Net: 42.8 kg ( 94.36 lbs )
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1154 x 508 x 471 mm (45.43 x 20 x 18.54 in.)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 105 lbs
Electro Voice Warranty
Electro-Voice offers the following warranties: 5 years on speakers; 3 years on electronics; and 2 years on microphones.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-392-3497
Product DescriptionThe Electro-Voice TX2152 excels where all other competitive dual 15-inch loudspeakers fail: transient detail. The secret is the combination of dual SMX2150 low distortion woofers with an integrated analog crossover utilizing elliptical filters that achieve 36 dB per octave slopes at the crossover frequency. The result is crossover performance that rivals, or exceeds, that of many electronic DSP devices and bi-amping.
To keep up with all this output, the TX2152 is the only Tour X model that employs the neodymium ND2 compression driver found in EV small and medium size line arrays. The TX2152 also benefits from the outstanding pattern control of the rotate-able, larger 60 x 40 degree horn. The aesthetically unique Backbone grille not only looks great, but also provides greater strength and damage resistance than simple grille block designs. Proprietary ergonomically correct handles and angled input panels, and (6) 3/8-inch threaded suspension inserts make the TX2152 easy to transport and employ in a variety of applications.
Tour X Series: World-Class Sound for Any StageElectro-Voice engineering ensures the World's biggest tours and events sound their best. The experience EV has gained from 80 years spent shaping and influencing the professional sound reinforcement business makes its way into every loudspeaker they manufacture, including the Tour X. Tour X embodies the same Electro-Voice engineering excellence and aesthetic design found in its world class tour systems. Its form is seamlessly integrated into practical, functional elements that make a bold statement about its multi-application purpose and breakthrough performance.
Features:- Breakthrough SMX woofers achieve incredibly low levels of woofer distortion without sacrificing sensitivity
- Aesthetically unique, patent pending Backbone grille design for superior strength and damage resistance
- Steep slope analog crossovers with elliptical filters that provide up to 36dB per octave slopes
- Proprietary EV designed ergonomic handles and angled input panels