When you need to bring some truly thunderous bass to your full-range PA setup, the Cerwin-Vega P1800SX Powered Subwoofer should be a serious contender for your attention. It pushes 2,000 watts of tightly articulated, distortion-free power through a single 18-inch transducer.
Super-Useful I/O Design
On the rear panel of the Cerwin-Vega P1800SX, you'll find 2 x Neutrik XLR/TRS inputs. There are also 2 x XLR THRU jacks and a single LINK output for daisy-chaining with other speaker units.
Well-Designed Bass Boost
The P1800SX sub was carefully voiced and tuned in the design phase to make maximal use of the Vega Bass Boost system onboard. This feature can be turned on and off via the switch on the rear panel in different situations, depending on your low-end needs. If you're playing live in a room with less low-end definition, for example, you will probably find the Vega Bass Boost to be of great benefit.
Excellent Limiter Design
The P1800SX's onboard limiter automatically protects the internal speaker from any spikes in volume that could damage or warp it. Whenever it's engaged, the Limited LED on the front panel will come on.
Polarity Flip, High-Pass Switch and More
Other handy switchable features include a Polarity Reverse, a High Pass Filter, and a HPF Thru and LPF Sub switch for easily incorporating the P1800SX sub into an existing full-range system. A single Volume knob is accessible on the rear panel as well.
Built to Withstand the Rigors of the Road
The P1800SX remains portable at under 100 pounds, and is built extremely ruggedly for extensive touring. It has a solid built-in 35mm pole socket, so that you can use it as a base for other speakers in a sub-sat configuration. The Class D amplifier inside guarantees cool running with minimal operational noise.
- 2000 Watt Class-D amplifier
- Single 18-inch speaker
- 2 x Neutrik XLR/TRS inputs
- 2 x THRU jacks for daisy-chain connections
- Built-in Limiter with on/off LED indicator
- Proprietary Cerwin-Vega Hemi-Conical Waveguide design
- 18mm reinforced wood cabinet
- 18 gauge perforated steel grille
- Built-in 35mm pole socket
- Polarity Reverse switch
- Vega Bass Boost switch
- HPF Thru & LPF Sub switch
- High Pass Filter switch
- Single Volume knob
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Active Subwoofer, bass reflex Frequency Range (-10 dB):
31.5 Hz - 272 HzFrequency Response (+/-3 dB):
38.0 Hz - 183 HzNomiinal Coverage (-6 dB):
not applicableMaximum SPL(1W @ 1m):
136 dBAmplifiier Type:
Class DAmplifier Rating:
2000 Watts Dynamic, 725 Watts ContinuousLow Frequency Driver:
18"High Frequency Driver:
CH 1&2 - Neutrik XLR/TRS inputs, THRU 1&2 - XLR, MIX - XLRIndicators:
Signal/Clip, Power, Limiter, ProtectEnclosure:
18mm reinforced wood cabinetGrille:
18 gauge, perforated steelMounting & Suspension:
35mm pole socketOperating Temperature:
-20 to 55 CControls:
- Polarity Reverse (On/Off)
- Vega Bass Boost (On/Off)
- HPF Thru & LPF Sub (On/Off)
- High Pass Filter (On/Off)
- Front Light Limiter (On/Off)
- Main Volume (Output)
- Remote (Optional)
- AC Input Voltage (220V-240V / 100V-120V)
- Power (On/Off)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 96 lbs
For thundering bass wobble, look no further than the Cerwin-Vega P1800SX Powered Subwoofer. Performance-ready and user-friendly with power and sound suited for any loudspeaker application, this Cerwin-Vega P-Series subwoofer is built tough for portability.
Following the Cerwin-Vega reputation of low distortion at high volume levels, the P1800SX sub is carefully voiced and tuned with the capability to adjust the system as desired with VEGA BASS BOOST settings.
The lightweight amplifier is capable of extreme, dynamic power handling and recessed into the loudspeaker taking up less space and reducing transportation time.
Expect big sound everywhere with the Cerwin-Vega P-Series line of portable powered loudspeakers.
- Built-in 3-channel mixer with easy to identify controls, and intuitive layout for fast setup and minimal connections
- THRU and MIX outputs for fast 'daisy-chain' connections and system expandability
- User controlled digital filters and Enhanced EQ allow the system to be tuned to the exact requirements of the event
- The P1800SX subwoofer contains a 2000 Watt amplifier design capable of delivering low-frequency punch
- Built-in limiter with on/off LED indicator provides essential protection to reduce down-time and prevent component damage
- Proprietary Cerwin-Vega Hemi-Conical Waveguide gives smooth on and off axis frequency response
- High Frequency Drivers: compression driver provides natural sounding instruments and vocals
- Low Frequency Drivers: Metal frame, reflex loaded woofers achieve accurate bass response and provides the punch you expect from a Cerwin-Vega system
- Direct-firing subwoofer features internal bracing to provide additional support during extreme performance situations
- Rugged enclosure with multiple handle locations makes transport and setup safe and easy
- The integrated mixer and efficient amplifier design reduces the amount of gear required for an easier setup and less worry about limited power resources
- Stackable design to maximize storage area and thick, powdered coated grill protects the drivers during transportation and storage