Trust Cerwin-Vega to come up with a 1500-watt powered PA speaker that's this versatile. The Cerwin-Vega P1500X is an excellent PA speaker in a standalone or full-range setup, and also makes a killer onstage monitor with lots of power and definition. With its two XLR-1/4" inputs plus a stereo 1/4" input pair, a built-in mixer, on-board limiting, and Enhanced EQ and VEGA Bass Boost switches to tailor your sound to the venue, the P1500X is packed with features. And with its 1500 watts pushing a 15-inch woofer, this bad boy is ready to get good and loud.
Clean and Powerful Sound
The Cerwin-Vega P1500X loudspeaker pushes 1500 watts of dynamic power through a true bi-amp design. The low-frequency driver is a 15-inch woofer cone, while the high-frequency transducer measures 1.75 inches. The amplifier itself is Cerwin-Vega's proprietary Class D design that guarantees minimal heat gain, with completely pure and clean sound and no distortion -- even at the highest output levels.
Excellent Range and Response
This speaker has a frequency range of 49.8 Hz - 23.5 kHz, and achieves a frequency response of 55 Hz - 20.5 kHz.
Mix Three XLR or 1/4" Channels, Right on the Speaker
The I/O on the P1500X is particularly versatile. There are separate Neutrik XLR/TRS inputs on Inputs 1 and 2, with a Mic/Line switch to accommodate various signal sources. On Channel 3, there are 2 x 1/4-inch TS inputs. Each of these three channels has its own Level knob.
Send a Mono Mix to a Sub or Second Powered Speaker
For outputs, the P1500X has XLR Thru jacks on Channels 1 and 2. There is a third balanced XLR Mix Output that sums all three channels via the adjustable mix controls. This output allows you to run your signal quickly to another powered speaker, or to a recording input. Each of the three inputs is continually monitor-able with an indicator light that provides status on the incoming audio signal.
Useful Enhanced EQ and Bass Boost Switches
The P1500X benefits substantially from the presence of Enhanced EQ and VEGA Bass Boost switches. The Enhanced EQ adjusts the contour of the overall frequency response and brings more attenuation to the mid-range frequencies, creating more "focus" on the low and high frequencies and also eliminating potential feedback. This is exceptionally useful for DJs in situations where an external mixer or EQ unit device is not readily available.
The VEGA Bass Boost adds low frequency gain to the signal and dynamically adjusts the LF response to the operating volume -- great for when you're running without a subwoofer. When you want to use the P1500X with an external subwoofer, you'll likely want to engage the high-pass filter on these satellite speakers.
- 3-channel design with integrated mixer
- Thru and Mix output jacks to daisy-chain with other powered speakers
- Enhanced EQ
- Bass Boost
- Built-in limiter with on/off LED indicator
- 1.75-inch HF transducer
- 15-inch direct-firing subwoofer with metal frame
- Angle-adjustable pole mount socket
- Side-wedge shaped enclosure for onstage monitor use
- M10-threaded suspension points
- Stackable design
- Powder-coated steel grille
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
The Cerwin-Vega P1500X Loudspeaker is a true performance speaker. Performance-ready and user-friendly, with power and sound suited for any loudspeaker application, the Cerwin-Vega P-Series is built tough for portability and equipped with an integrated audio mixer and amplifier housed in a professional appearance cabinet.
Following the Cerwin-Vega reputation of low distortion at high volume levels, each loudspeaker is carefully voiced and tuned with the capability to adjust the system as desired using Enhanced EQ and VEGA Bass Boost settings. The lightweight amplifier is capable of extreme, dynamic power handling and recessed into the loudspeaker taking up less space and reducing transportation time.
Expect big sound everywhere with the Cerwin-Vega P-Series line of portable powered loudspeakers.
- Built-in 3-channel mixer with easy to identify controls, and intuitive layout for fast setup and minimal connections
- Thru and Mix outputs for fast 'daisy-chain' connections and system expandability
- User controlled digital filters and Enhanced EQ allow the system to be tuned to the exact requirements of the event
- P1500X - 1500 Watt Bi-amplifier design and switching power supply delivers premium performance in an efficient and portable design
- Built-in limiter with on/off LED indicator provides essential protection to reduce down-time and prevent component damage
- Proprietary Cerwin-Vega Hemi-Conical Waveguide gives smooth on and off axis frequency response
- High Frequency Drivers: compression driver provides natural sounding instruments and vocals
- Low Frequency Drivers: Metal frame, reflex loaded woofers achieve accurate bass response and provides the punch you expect from a Cerwin-Vega system
- Direct-firing subwoofer features internal bracing to provide additional support during extreme performance situations
- Fully integrated sound reinforcement system results in a simplified solution to delivering public address, entertainment and performance monitoring
- Rugged enclosure with multiple handle locations makes transport and setup safe and easy
- Full-range and subwoofer models use efficient Cerwin-Vega woofers for low-frequency bass with punch
- The integrated mixer and efficient amplifier design reduces the amount of gear required for an easier setup and less worry about limited power resources
- Angle-adjustable pole mount socket, side-wedge shaped enclosure and M10-threaded suspension points support a variety of permanent and portable setups
- Stackable design to maximize storage area and thick, powdered coated grill protects the drivers during transportation and storage