Play Any Gig with These Super-Versatile Powered PA Speakers!Rock any style of music on Cerwin-Vega's powerful, powered CVA-28 speakers. Versatile and easy to install, the 2x8-inch, 800-Watt CVA-28 provides the kind of power handling, amplification, and frequency response you need for blasting hip-hop, jazz, pop, rock, and more. Push any sonic material through the three-way speaker and enjoy tight bass and rich mid-range reproduction.
Three Transducers in a Space-Saving ConfigurationThe CVA-28's three-way, dual 8-inch design is the selling feature of the system, as it allows the speaker to deliver superior directionality and a clean off-axis response, along with awesome power handling, tight bass, and rich mid-range reproduction. Impressive imaging comes by way of a compression driver placed in the middle of the top woofer in a concentric configuration. That means these speakers deliver much bigger sound than you might expect for their size.
Advanced Power HandlingBuilt-in amplification means the loudspeaker supplies its own power, eliminating the need for an external amp. The Cerwin-Vega CVA-28 boasts a 400-Watt, integrated 3-way amplifier able to output 800 Watts peak and up to 128 dB SPL, with an EQ contour switch for high-SPL applications. Avoid competing system frequencies by flipping the speaker's Sub/NoSub switch, which lets you roll off the low end when used with a dedicated subwoofer.
Flexible InstallationPlace the CVA-28 wherever you need great sound. Integrated fly points, flyware kits, and a pole mount, plus dual and triple speaker mount accessories provide easy options for installing and mounting the active full-range speaker alone or with other Cerwin-Vega ActiveSeries units.
Connect AllOn the rear of the speaker, you get microphone, line, and instrument inputs through balanced XLR and 1/4-inch connectors. Housed in a rugged hardwood enclosure, the CVA-28 is primed and ready for gigging, touring, you name it.
Features:- Dual 8" full-range active speaker
- Frequency response of 70 Hz to 20 kHz (+/-3 dB); frequency range of 60 Hz to 20 kHz (-10 dB)
- Max SPL: 128 dB at 800 Watts
- Built-in amplification
- Multiple fly points for easy mounting or installing
- Sub/No Sub switch lets you roll off the low end with a dedicated subwoofer, eliminating competing frequencies
- XLR/F balanced, 1/4" TRS inputs; XLR/M 1/4" TRS outputs
- Rugged hardwood enclosure with Coolex polyurethane paint for durability
- Weighs only 48 lbs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Cerwin-Vega products.
- Power: Continuous 400 watts, Peak 800 watts
- Power Consumption: 600 watts, 5 amps
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz (+/-3 dB)
- Frequency Range: 60 Hz - 20 kHz (-10 dB)
- Max SPL: 128 dB at 800 watts
- Crossover: Not Applicable
- Inputs: XLR/F Balanced, 1/4 inch TRS
- Outputs: XLR/M 1/4 inch TRS
- Front: 11 x 20 inch (279 x 520 mm)
- Rear: 8 x 12 inch (216 x 305 mm)
Weight: 48 pounds (21.8 kg)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Product DescriptionThe CVA28 is a totally integrated, matched, and optimized active speaker system that provides powerful sound in a small, modular package. The system configuration starts with an innovative, 3 way, dual 8 inch design. The dual 8 configuration was chosen for optimized directionality and extremely clean, off axis response. The custom designed Cerwin Vega drivers also provide superior power handling, tight bass and refined mid-range. Finally, a compression driver is placed in the center of the top woofer in a concentric configuration. This design provides time aligned high frequencies for incredible detail and imaging.
Features- Dual 8 inch full range active speaker optimized for portability with incredible frequency response
- Built-in amplification designed to optimize performance
- Can be mounted or installed using integrated fly points, flyware kits, pole mount, and dual and triple speaker mount accessories
- Rugged Hardwood Enclosure, with Coolex polyurethane paint, road-ready cabinet that is easy to transport from gig to gig
- Sub/No Sub switch allows users to roll off the low end with a dedicated subwoofer, eliminating competing frequencies
Matched to this impressive transducer array is a 400 watt integrated 3 way amplifier. With 800 watts peak output, the amplifier includes a dedicated EQ contour switch optimized for high SPL situations. A Sub/No Sub switch allows users to roll off the low end when used with a dedicated subwoofer, eliminating competing frequencies in the system. Connections include microphone, line, and instrument inputs through XLR and quarter inch connectors.
The CVA28 can be mounted or installed in a myriad of ways thanks to integrated fly points, flyware kits, pole mount, and dual and triple speaker mount accessories. With or without its ActiveSeries subwoofer partners, the CVA28 is just the best sounding active full range speaker in its class. Whether it's hip hop, jazz, bluegrass or rock and roll, the CVA28 provides the performance, power and flexibility you just can't find elsewhere. If you're looking for an upgradeable and accurately voiced speaker as part of your performance arsenal, the CVA28 is the way to go.