The 12 Maple belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8"). With 12 frets to the body, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Learn more with this video from Cordoba:
Additional features include a cutaway body style, Fishman Presys Blend pickup, 2-way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher-tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba's Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Maple is built with a solid European spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body, and has an ebony fingerboard. The bridge, binding, and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. The Maple is equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Cordoba Guitars products.
- Top: Solid European spruce
- Back and Sides: Flamed maple
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: Three ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/ebony radiused fingerboard / Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Yes
- Scale Length: 640mm (25.2 inches)
- Nut Width: 1 7/8 inches (48mm)
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother of Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Frets: 19
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width and Length: 275 mm (10.8 inches) at upper bout, 365 mm (14.4 inches) at lower bout
- Body Depth: 98 mm (3.9 inches) at upper bout, 99mm (3.9 inches) at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Case: Cordoba gig bag
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs