The Orchestra CE SP/IN belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm or 1 7/8". With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba's Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Orchestra CE is built with the classic combination of a solid European spruce or Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body and an ebony fingerboard. The bridge and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. With mahogany binding and a high gloss PU finish, the Orchestra CE is the perfect blend of traditional materials with modern aesthetic touches. It comes equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
- Solid European Spruce top
- Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Radiused ebony fingerboard with thinner 48mm nut width
- Fishman Presys Blend pickup with onboard tuner
- Includes Cordoba gig bag
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Cordoba Guitars products.
- Top: Canadian cedar or European Spruce
- Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Mahogany binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard
- Scale Length: 650mm or 25.6"
- Nut Width: 48mm or 1 7/8"
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother of Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275mm or 10.8" at upper bout, 365mm or 14.4" at lower bout
- Body Depth: 98mm or 3.9" at upper bout, 99mm or 3.9" at lower bout
- Turning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJElectronics:
- Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase
- Undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender
- Built in digital tuner
- Case: Cordoba gig bag
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Solid Canadian Cedar Top
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs
- Solid European Spruce Top
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs