Learn to Play the Fun Way with Casio's CTK-2100 Keyboard!Got a beginner piano student? Start with an inexpensive portable keyboard before investing in an acoustic piano. The Casio CTK-2100 includes Casio's Step-Up Lessons to lead a student phrase-by-phrase through 110 songs, and built-in Auto-Accompaniment adds rhythm, bass, and harmony parts to help make practice rewarding. There's even a USB port, so you can connect the CTK-2100 to a computer to record and compose using any MIDI-capable music software. Encourage the piano student in your family to practice every day, with the easy-to-use, budget-friendly Casio CTK-2100.
A Built-in TeacherEven a novice pianist can start playing right away with Casio's exclusive built-in Step-Up Lessons. Over 100 famous folk songs and classics are broken down into short phrases that are easy for anyone to understand and recreate at their own pace. You'll hear a phrase first, then watch as the display tells you which keys to press. Turn on Note Guide, which sounds the next note to be played, or the Voice Fingering Guide to have a simulated voice prompt you with finger numbers for each note. Just follow the steps on-screen to learn the right-hand part, then the left-hand, and then both hands together. The keyboard fills in one part while you practice the other. As each phrase is mastered, you'll advance to the next, until you've learned any of 110 built-in songs -- from "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Jingle Bells" up through classics like "Ode to Joy" or "Fur Elise." There's even a built in Music Challenge game that scores your reaction speed, as you press keys in response to the on-screen keyboard and fingering guide.
Auto-Accompaniment Makes Practice FunEvery student should have a metronome to practice playing at tempo, but the metronome's persistent click can bug a beginner. The CTK-2100 makes playing at tempo fun, with 150 built-in rhythm patterns. Choose waltz, 8-beat, funk, samba -- you name it. Turn on Auto-Accompaniment to have the CTK-2100 add bass or harmony parts based on the chords you play with your left hand. Even the simplest tunes sound rich and full with the CTK-2100 as your "backup band." Plug in any headphones to the standard 1/4-inch jack to cut off output from the built-in stereo speakers, so you can practice even late at night without disturbing others. The built-in music stand is a handy place to hang your headphones when you're through practicing.
Portable and FlexibleOn the CTK-2100, you'll find a 1/8" stereo mini-plug input. Connect your MP3 player, CD player, cassette deck, or any audio device to play it through the CTK-2100's built-in speakers. Now you can play along with your iPod! Or, connect the CTK-2100 to your Mac or PC with a standard USB cable. Software such as GarageBand will recognize it as a MIDI device, so you can record your own MIDI files. Want to unplug and go mobile? At under 9 pounds, the CTK-2100 is easy to carry -- and it runs for four hours on 6 AA batteries. While you're running on battery power, you can set the keyboard to save batteries by automatically turning off after six minutes without playing. Or add the optional power supply for hours of uninterrupted playing time.
A Keyboard That Grows With Your StudentAdd an X-type stand to adjust the Casio CTK-2100 to the proper height, so your student's forearms are parallel to the ground and wrists straight for proper playing technique. A young student's feet may not reach the floor on a traditional piano, but with the CTK-2100 you can plug in an optional sustain pedal and place it on a footstool or a few books so your student can happily "step on the gas" like a grown-up pianist. Simply raise the height of the stand and lower the pedal as your child grows. What's more, beginners have a blast playing the 400 on-board sounds and 10 reverb effects, and the default grand piano sound is a great starting point for the classical student. Just press a button to transpose the keyboard up or down an octave, to get access to all 88 notes of the piano. Skip the $200 moving fee and tuning costs of a traditional piano, and get a head start on good technique with a keyboard that fits your student!
Features:- 61 full-size keys
- 48-note polyphony
- 400 tones and 10 digital reverbs
- Transpose up or down 1 octave
- Step-Up Lessons for 110 Songs and Music Challenge Game
- Metronome, 150 Rhythm Patterns, and Auto-Accompaniment
- Audio In jack with one-second sampler
- Headphone jack
- Sustain pedal jack
- USB MIDI port
- Under 9 pounds
- Runs on 6 AA batteries
- Auto power-off
Power Supply: AD-5 (Not Included)* or 6 AA batteries (Not Included)
*Optional AC Adapter: AD-5 (only included with "Premium Pack" option)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Casio products.
- Keyboard: 61 standard-size keys
- Maximum Polyphony: 48 notes (24 for certain tones)
- Built-in Tones: 400
- Sampling Tones: 1
- Sampling time: 1 second (fixed)
- Effects: 10 types
- Reverb: 1 to 10, Off
- Metronome Beats per Measure: 0,2 to 6
- Metronome Tempo Range: 30 to 255
- Song Bank - Tunes: 110Step Up Lessons
- Lessons: 4 (Listen, Watch, Remember, Auto)
- Lesson Part: L, R, LR
- Functions: Repeat, Voice Fingering Guide, Note Guide, Performance Evaluation
- Music Challenge: 20 notes
- Auto Accompaniment: Rhythm Patterns 150Other Functions
- Transpose: +/-1 octaves (12 semitones)
- Tuning: A4 = ca. 440 Hz +/-100 cents
- MIDI: 16 multi tone received, GM Level 1 standard
- Musical Information Function: Tone, Rhythm, Song Bank, numbers and names; staff notation, fingering, pedal operation, tempo, measure and beat number, chord name, etc.Inputs/Outputs
- USB port: TYPE B
- Sustain jack: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, rhythm start/stop)
- Phones/Output jack: Stereo standard jack
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm, Output Voltage: 4,8 V (RMS) MAX
- Audio In jack: Stereo mini jack
- Input Impedance: 40 kOhm, Input Sensitivity: 200 mV
- Power Jack: 9VDC
- Batteries: 6 AA-size zinc-carbon batteries or alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 4 hours continuous operation on alkaline batteries
- Auto Power Off: Approximately 6 minutes after last key operation (Operates during battery use only)
- Speakers: 10 cm x 2
- Output: 2 W + 2 W
- Power Consumption: 9 V - 7.7 W
- Dimensions: 94.9 x 35.4 x 11.2 cm
- Weight: Approximately 3.8 kg (without batteries)Power Supply:
AD-5 (Not Included)*
*Optional AC Adapter: AD-5 (only included with "Premium Pack" option)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
CAS CTK2100 PPK
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-435-7732
Casio CTK-2100 61-Key KeyboardThe Casio CTK-2100 keyboard is a great choice for aspiring pianists and beginning keyboardists. It features 61 piano-style touch keys for a realistic playing experience.
Practicing is easy with the CTK-2100's learning system. Casio's step-up learning system can take you through a variety of songs. You learn how to play keyboard step-by-step, much like you would in regular music lessons. The three levels of lessons help you measure your progress.
Sampling Functions If you're more focused on sampling, the Casio CTK-2100 has you covered there as well. This keyboard includes 150 rhythms and has a sampling function that can be used in a few different ways. For example, you can connect a CD/MP3 player to the CTK-2100's audio input, which lets you play along with the music.
Additionally, there are 10 additional sound effects available, and you can play recordings back to back on the CTK-2100.
A Keyboard that Lets You Get Vocal In addition to sound effects, the CTK-2100 has a voice pad function that lets you play back voice samples, and the audio-input makes it so you can even record your own voice for up to 10 seconds.
Features:-400 tones, featuring AHL technology
- Vivid sound diversity
- 150 rhythms
- 110 songs
- 10 digital effects
- USB MIDI
- Audio input
- Song Bank Controller
- Loudspeaker system