An Iconic Stompbox -- Updated and UpgradedWith the DS-1X Distortion Pedal, Boss has recreated an amped-up version of their classic DS distortion footpedal. Decked out in orange -- just as a distortion pedal should be -- the DS-1X offers the same controls as its predecessor with the added benefit of two-band EQ (the original DS-1 had just the one tone knob) so you can dial in exactly the grungy sound you're after.
The DS HeritageBoss's iconic orange DS-1 distortion pedal has been the standard for stompbox distortion since its introduction in the late '70s. Appealing to guitarists from Kurt Cobain to Joe Satriani, Boss's DS distortion pedals offer great tonal range delivering everything from wailing leads to crunchy lows.
Boss Multi-Dimensional ProcessingDriven by custom DSPs and Boss's innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) platform, the DS-1X offers greater tonal clarity than traditional analog stompboxes. That means you can play up and down the neck without having to bend over to tweak your settings. The DS-1X is also more responsive than conventional footpedals allowing you to play clearly whether you're playing muted or at extremely high volume.
Special Edition StyleThe DS-1X is specially finished with chrome knobs and control plate exclusive to this product line. Boss even threw in a vintage-style silver battery compartment access knob granting the DS-1X a uniquely sophisticated look.
Features:- Special edition Boss DS series distortion pedal
- Classic metal stompbox design with style pedal switch
- Level, low, high, and distortion control knobs
- Driven by Boss's Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) and custom DSPs
- DSP-based design delivers clarity and responsiveness unmatched by traditional analog pedals
- Adaptive signal processing ensures the distortion sounds great at any octave
- Experience clear distortion wit any picking style, at any volume, at any register on the guitar
- Special edition chrome knobs and control plate and vintage-style silver knob for battery compartment
- Includes low battery indicator
- 1/4 inch right-to-left inputs and outputs
- Powered via 9V battery or AC adaptor (battery included, adaptor sold separately)
- Estimated battery life: 9 hours of continuous use with alkaline battery
- Unit weighs about 1 pound
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Pedal switch
- LEVEL knob
- LOW knob
- HIGH knob
- DIST knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack
- OUTPUT jack
- AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 45 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 9 hours, Carbon: Approx. 2.5 hours
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
Product DescriptionThe Boss DS-1X launches the famous BOSS distortion into a modern era of expression, delivering an unmatched level of performance for guitarists with an ear for tone. This next-generation stomp combines over 35 years of innovation in pedal design with the most advanced technologies, bringing you a tonal experience that's only possible with the legendary expertise of BOSS. Prepare to be amazed--the inspiring and ultra-responsive DS-1X will change your thinking about distortion pedals forever.
Plug Into the Future of DistortionThe DS-1X completely redefines the distortion stomp, kicking it into a universe of dynamic response and clarity. Powered by BOSS' MDP technology, this amazing pedal delivers distortion that sounds perfect no matter where you play on the neck, even at the highest gain settings. You'll enjoy tight response on the low strings and fat, singing tones on the highest notes, plus exceptional definition when playing two or more notes at a time. At every setting, the sound is never muddy or boomy, while the smooth, natural presence ensures that you always cut through without harshness or nasal overtones. With the DS-1X, your distortion tone feels and sounds "dialed in" the instant you turn it on, providing a rich, satisfying playing experience that's both effortless and inspiring.
Features:- Special edition BOSS distortion pedal with next-generation sound, feel, and tonal response
- Design provides a superior playing experience that's unattainable with analog distortion pedals
- Powerful real-time processing adapts to your playing to provide ideal distortion tones in every register
- Enjoy perfect sounds over the entire fretboard, from tight, crisp tones on the low strings to fat, singing tones on the highest notes
- High-clarity distortion sound that's never muddy or boomy, even when playing two or more notes at the same time
- Ultra-responsive to volume changes and picking dynamics
- Very low noise, even with high-gain settings
- Drive, High, and Low knobs offer a wide range of sound shaping not found in typical stompbox pedals
- Striking appearance with exclusive chrome knobs and control plate, plus vintage silver knob for battery compartment access
- Features BOSS' innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP), realized with proprietary technology and custom DSP
NOTE: Power supply not included.
zZounds Expert Review
The DS-1X distortion pedal and OD-1X overdrive pedal from Boss are re-imaginings of classic pedals -- and then some. In the DS-1X and OD-1X, Boss has updated two old favorite pedals to provide something that everyone will love. The updated DSP, which Boss calls Multi-Dimensional Processing, makes these stompboxes much more responsive to your playing. The DS-1X is able to analyze what you are playing to give you the most natural-sounding distortion, and the addition of two extra knobs for EQ really helps you dial in a more precise tone. And as always, these pedals are built like tanks, so you don't have to worry about them breaking apart while you're on the road. These updated classics feel like brand-new pedals!
- Dan, zZounds Guitar Expert