The Blue Microphone with Extended LowsNo one-size-fits-all mic can supply full, rich bottom end like a mic that's specifically tuned for that job. For male vocals, broadcast voiceover, bass cabinet, drums, and more, the Mouse cardioid large-diaphragm condenser from Blue Microphones delivers a tailored frequency response that's flat all the way down to 40 Hz. Anything but timid, this Mouse is a versatile workhorse in the studio, delivering commanding presence and shimmering highs along with a punchy, extended low end.
From Drums...When it comes to recording drum kits, even finding a convenient place to put your microphones can be a challenge. The Mouse's capsule swivels and secures 180 degrees, so it can easily sneak in over your snare, or fit inside the kick drum's porthole. If your current go-to snare mic is a dynamic, try the Mouse to add more bright crackle; it can handle sound pressure levels up to 138 dB. The Mouse's reduced proximity effect is also a distinct advantage when positioning mics close to percussive sources. In fact, this mic is so well-suited to recording drums, Blue promotes the Mouse along with a matched pair of Dragonflies as a simple three-mic drum kit package.
...To VocalsThe true test of any cardioid large-diaphragm condenser is how it does on vocals. After all, even if you produce beats and play all your instruments "in the box," sooner or later you'll need to lay down a polished vocal. If you're working with a bass or baritone singer with a dark, mellow tone, try the Mouse to bring out intelligibility and punch. The Mouse's minimized proximity effect smooths out vocal tracks, while adding tons of distinct character. Blue's optional pop filter is also available to minimize "P" pops. For a microphone that's been engineered with a specific sonic signature of larger-than-life bottom end, this Mouse certainly is a versatile animal.
Announcing the MouseBroadcast voiceover announcers often prefer end-address mics that don't block their line of sight to script, screen, or control room. The Mouse's swiveling capsule can be positioned anywhere from side-address to end-address and beyond. Similar to the rotating capsule found on Blue's famous Dragonfly, the on-axis side of the capsule has a shinier grill, so you always know which side you should be speaking into. As an added boon to voice talent, the Mouse has surprisingly low handling noise despite its extended low-end response, thanks to built-in shock-mounting where the head contacts the U-shaped yoke. The Mouse also comes with its own custom-built external shock mount, reducing rumble and handling noise for announcers that grab the boom arm to adjust their own microphone.
Features:- Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser
- Extended bass response is ideal for kick, snare, acoustic bass, bass cabinet, male vocals, broadcast voiceover, or any instrument that needs accurate low-end reproduction
- 180-degree swiveling, securable head makes positioning easy
- Fully discrete, class-A circuitry
- Transformer-based design protects against radio frequency interference
- Custom shock mount and wooden box included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of BLUE products.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 21.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1k ohms
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB SPL (2.5k ohms, 0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 85 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level: 8.0 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB (at 2.5 ohms)
- Power Requirement: 48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Weight: 980g
- Dimensions: 165mm x 65mm
- Included Accessories:
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 818-879-5200
BLUE Mouse Large-Diaphragm Condenser MicNatural, clean and clear bottom end. The BLUE Microphones Mouse Condenser Microphone's hand-tuned capsule is specifically designed to capture the thundering lows of bass and baritone vocals and low-end instrument sources. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the Mouse's capsule can also be positioned and adjusted into the smallest of spaces for applications where versatility is paramount.
BLUE Microphones Mouse Condenser Mic Applications- Kick drums
- Acoustic bass
- Electric bass amplifiers
- Snare drums
- Broadcast and voiceover work
- Any other sources where accurate reproduction of low frequency transients is paramount