The Behringer X32 Compact Digital Mixer puts the revolutionary digital mixing capabilities of the Behringer X32 into a more compact and transportable unit! It has the same essential functionality as the full-size X32, with a few key layout differences that streamline the size. To start, there are 8 fewer input faders compared to the full X32. The physical Bus Send Encoders have been removed from the channel strip and are now accessed via the LCD menu. The Assign Section on this unit is smaller too, with 8 buttons on a single layer.
As a smaller sibling to the original X32, this Compact version boasts 16 MIDAS-designed mic preamps -- making it a killer board for live or studio recording. Record straight into your DAW with the X32 Compact's 32 x 32 USB/FireWire interface.
A Paradigm Shift in Digital Mixing
The Behringer X32 is a huge leap forward for digital mixing. This board brings together unbeatable sonics with vast functionality, all in one elegant and easy-to-navigate interface. This Compact version boasts 16 individual audiophile-grade microphone preamps, 40 total channels of processing, and 8 balanced XLR outputs. It hooks up to your computer and preferred DAW through a standard FireWire interface, ensuring ease in the most complex live or studio situations. The layout is intuitive and thoughtfully designed, allowing you to move quickly between channels to adjust dynamics, EQ, or FX "on-the-fly." Equipped with a library of top-notch FX and a fully expandable I/O, this all-in-one unit may well be the only mixer you'll never need again.
The board sports 16 MIDAS-designed mic preamps, yielding clean pure sound without the need for any external amps. On top of that, the Virtual FX rack offers 8 true-stereo FX slots on each channel, with high-end simulations of celebrated units like the Lexicon 480L, PCM70, EMT250, Quantec QRS, and more. Plus, Behringer has promised that more FX inserts and firmware updates will be available free of charge on their website!
Super Intuitive Layout
The X32 Compact leaps beyond other digital mixers with its dedicated custom control section. This section comprises 17 backlit buttons and 13 rotary controls (all user-definable) with LED-collars so you can make quick, precision adjustments to each channel's FX, compressor, 4-band parametric EQ, etc. Each channel in turn has its own LCD strip for monitoring input and FX. Finally, a high-resolution 7" color TFT display makes it easy to visualize whatever aspects of the workflow you need to keep an eye on.
Oh, and if that's still not enough visual space for you, just download the free XiControl iPad app to monitor and control the X32 wirelessly with up to 10 individual iPads. Musicians on stage can finally take care of their own monitor mix and output levels in real time!
The Easiest Scene Management Yet
The X32 Compact's scene management setup creates exact presets out of your own custom mixes, allowing them to be saved and instantly recalled for future use. The 100 mm motorized faders on channels 1-16 bring your presets back with the flick of a single switch. And when you want to make adjustments recalls on channels 17-32, just hit the Flip button!
Recording Has Never Been Easier
Beyond direct-to-DAW use, the X32 Compact can be connected directly to an external hard drive with a single USB type-A connector, allowing for 32 channels of discrete recording in a live situation. So if you're at a gig without your computer, you can simply record your mix live into discrete, uncompressed audio files from each channel. When you get home, simply drop these files into empty tracks in your DAW for mixing or editing!
In 2009, Behringer's parent company acquired Klark Teknik -- and the X32 is the happy result of this brilliant technological marriage. The X32 is uniquely distinguished by the inclusion of two 48-channel Digital Snake ready via AES50 ports, which use Klark Teknik's SuperMAC networking capability to connect with existing snakes with virtually no jitter or latency. These ports allow the board to connect directly to an onstage or studio snake, for a total of 96 possible inputs running from an external box!
System expansion goes even further via an integrated card slot, allowing you to add up to 32 channels of digital audio via IEEE1394 FireWire, ADAT, TOSLINK, or USB.
A Undeniable Coup for Behringer
With this Compact version of the X32 console, Behringer has set a new standard. With its unbeatable sound, a vast library of FX, and a massively expandable I/O, the X32 Compact presents an exciting and dependable choice for someone looking to work with a digital mixer reflecting a considerate and innovative design.
- MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP
- 17 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders
- New scene management interface
- iPad app for remote operation available free of charge
- High-resolution 7-inch day-viewable Color TFT
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots
- 8 analog XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready via AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section
- Additional user-definable control section allows for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for Behringer's P-16 Personal Monitoring System** plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Compact 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 17 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
- 8 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
- 32 x 32 channel audio interface over FireWire and USB 2.0, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge--no host PC required
- High-resolution 7" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via dual AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
- Additional user-definable control section allows to set up short-cuts to your favorite views or parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System** plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- Future firmware updates, incl. FX "Plug Ins", downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 45 lbs
The Behringer X32 COMPACT is a 40-Input Channel, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console with 16 Programmable MIDAS Preamps, 17 Motorized Faders, Channel LCD's, FireWire/USB Audio Interface and iPad/iPhone* Remote Control.
Lean Mean Mixing Machine
What happened to the X32? It's there, just a little bit smaller. The X32 COMPACT delivers the best of the flagship X32 console in a slightly smaller package for installs at smaller venues, houses of worship, theaters or discerning audio smiths who may not need as many local inputs or motorized faders.
Powered by MIDAS & KLARK TEKNIK
When Behringer began development on the X32 COMPACT, they called on their sister companies, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their digital consoles and EQ/FX processing, for implementation support. The programmable, high-grade micpreamps found in the X32 COMPACT are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters. The resulting design ensures superior common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and extremely low harmonic distortion (THD). The X32 COMPACT is an amazingly clean amalgam of high technology merged with superb user-friendly features.
Behringer also received brilliant support from MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK in designing X32 COMPACT's GUI (graphical user interface), a major advancement in digital mixing made easy, productive, and fun. They also drew on their extensive experience in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) coding for rock-solid, ultra-low latency digital channel patching -- giving the X32 COMPACT the capacity to handle up to 168 sources on 168 destinations, including the two AES50 ports. You can expect to see more collaboration between BEHRINGER and MIDAS in the very near future.
You're Well Connected
Ultimate connectivity remains the battle cry of the X32 COMPACT with its 40 inputs, 25 buses, 16 programmable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, FireWire and USB 2.0 recording capability. Not sure which X32 is right for you? Behringer gets it. That's why the entire X32 family is designed to be beautifully scalable through the powerful AES50 ports built right in. Connect the powerhouse S16 digital snakes to these inputs to add an additional 16 mic preamps to your setup.
Travel Light, Travel Far
Need another X32 for side of stage or the broadcast control booth? X32 COMPACT packs all the features with the same great 7" TFT screen and customizable LCD scribble strip so you can take on the world of sound with all the firepower you'll ever need -- without hauling a world of outboard gear and analog snake cables.