Thanks to Behringer's revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology and internal switch-mode power supplies, the Eurolive VP1220D loudspeakers provide a much better power-to-weight ratio than competing active loudspeakers. Put simply, you get all the power and articulate sound without the backbreaking weight.
- High-power 550-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Extremely powerful 12" long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- Proprietary 1.75" titanium-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential/conical horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Trapezoidal enclosure for easy array and sonic accuracy
- Integral tripod and stand adaptor
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- Rugged steel grille for optimal speaker protection
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
What's the Big Deal About Class-D?
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means Behringer amps don't need massive heat sinks, and that means they can make them lighter. Their no-compromise design means your Eurolive D Series loudspeakers will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, the Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
Superior Sound Quality
The state-of-the-art Eurolive VP1220D loudspeaker system boast 550 Watts that will simply blow you away. At the heart of these powerful loudspeakers is a bi-amped 550-Watt Class-D engine, which drives a high-efficiency 12" woofer for brutal punch, and a 1.75" titanium-diaphragm HF (High-Frequency) compression driver for articulate high-end resolution. The internal amplifiers and speakers are designed to function as a perfectly matched team, ensuring optimal sound every time you power up.
Dynamic processing is one of the best ways to maximize output without sacrificing sound quality. The D Series' built-in circuitry automatically adjusts program content, allowing the loudspeaker to operate at extreme levels. It accomplishes this by reducing bass output slightly as you approach the limit of the transducers. This frees up LF (Low Frequency) amp and transducer resources so that higher overall volume can be realized. It's like having a tiny soundman inside each cabinet constantly monitoring and tweaking output parameters.
In order to produce tight, deep bass, a loudspeaker has to move lots of air. Eurolive loudspeakers accomplish this by using powerful, long-excursion LF (Low Frequency) drivers that are handmade in their own factory. While some companies are content to use "off-the-shelf" drivers, they custom-design each LF driver to perfectly match each application. Each VP1220D features custom-designed LF drivers in a tuned enclosure, providing rich, tight bass all the way down to 55 Hz.
Articulate Top End
HF content can easily make or break your performance. Too much and the sound becomes brittle and obnoxious, too little and it sounds muddy and poorly defined. The 1.75" titanium-diaphragm HF driver provides natural-sounding high end, with an ultra-wide sound dispersion pattern.
Instant PA System
With a single loudspeaker system and a dynamic microphone, you can set up an instant sound system. Just connect a mic directly to the built-in XLR mic preamp, place the loudspeaker on a tabletop or speaker stand, and power up. It's that easy. And if you need more coverage, you can chain together as many as you like via the convenient Link Output XLR connector.
Ideal for FOH (Front-of-House) deployment, the Behringer VP1220D's trapezoidal design also makes it the perfect choice for side fill monitor applications. Enclosures can be clustered, stacked, or even stand-mounted thanks to the built-in 35-mm (1.375") pole socket.
The Technical Stuff
VP1220D's trapezoidal enclosure allows multiple positioning options: 10* and 35* cluster or stacking mode and stand mounting, thanks to the built-in 35 mm (1.375") pole socket. The VP1220D is capable of extremely high sound pressure levels (118 dB @ 1 m) and provides a 55 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range. And at just 44.2 lbs (20.1 kg), the VP1220D is supremely portable.
The Behringer VP1220D has been optimized for maximum reliability through the integrated overload-protection circuitry, ensuring ultimate high-frequency driver protection. Designed to stand up to the rigors of the road, these loudspeaker systems are built to last and made to perform!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of