The Hub of Your Project Studio -- with 16 Channels of I/O
With 4 Midas-designed microphone/instrument preamps on the front panel, 4 more analog line inputs on the back, 8 analog inserts for your outboard gear, and 8 analog line outputs, the Behringer Firepower FCA1616 FireWire/USB interface has plenty of analog I/O. Add S/PDIF and ADAT I/O plus MIDI I/O, and you've got all the digital connectivity you need in your home studio. After hitting 96 kHz/24-Bit A/D converters, your 16 channels sail over FireWire or USB to your Mac and PC. Best of all, Behringer's FCA1616 is way affordable, putting high-end features in the hands of musicians on low-end budgets.
Loads of I/O
Your computer becomes a powerful recording/editing workstation when it's hooked up to the FCA1616 audio interface. The single-rack-space FCA1616 gives you 16x16 simultaneous channels, with support for all standard I/O formats, including analog, S/PDIF (coaxial and optical), ADAT, and S/MUX. Built-in MIDI I/O allows you to connect keyboards and other outboard MIDI hardware, while eight analog Inserts are onboard for use with external effects such as compressors, gates, and EQs. You can run the audio interface with either a Mac or PC (Windows XP/Vista/7) for ultra-low latency and seamless performance with any major DAW.
On the rear panel of Behringer's FCA1616, you have ports for both FireWire and USB 2.0, as well as balanced 1/4-inch jack inputs that accept a wide range of line-level devices, and "Insert" outputs that accept both balanced and unbalanced 1/4-inch connections.
High-Resolution Converters and State-of-the-Art Mic Pres
The FCA1616's internal 96 kHz/24-bit A/D-D/A converters ensure that you get a pristine signal every time you record and play back your audio through your studio monitors or headphones. Likewise, a quad of Midas-designed microphone preamplifiers with provide consistent, high-headroom performance, along with onboard phantom power for use with studio-grade condenser microphones, and individual Pad, Low Cut, and Hi-Z controls.
A spread of front-panel controls means that you can fine-tune your levels right on the interface without having to get into the nitty gritty of it all within your recording software. Two headphones jacks with their own dedicated volume controls are conveniently located front and center, for instant monitoring.
Check out Behringer's video demo of the Behringer Firepower FCA1616 Firewire Audio Interface:
- 96 kHz/24-Bit FireWire/USB audio interface
- 4 MIDAS-designed mic preamplifiers with phantom power, individual Pad, Low Cut, and Hi-Z
- Multi-channel audio and MIDI operation via FireWire or USB 2.0
- Compatible with major DAWs, including Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase, and more
- Streams 16 inputs and 16 outputs, plus 1x MIDI I/O with low latency to a Mac or PC
- All standard I/O formats supported: analog, S/PDIF (coaxial and optical), ADAT, S/MUX
- Direct monitoring and main volume control with near-zero latency
- 2 Headphone outputs with individual volume control, mono and source signal select
- Level control of your stereo or 7.1 active speaker system with a single knob turn
- Smooth cross-fading between inputs and DAW playback signals while you record sessions
- 8 Analog inserts for use of external effects such as compressors
- Status and signal presence indicators
- External power supply included
The Behringer FCA1616 is fully equipped to serve as the hub of your project studio, live performance setup, and more.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.