The versatile Avantone CK40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin large 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. The Avantone Cabernet (C-series) mics from Avant Electronics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics.
The Avantone CK40 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to some of the world's very finest stereo FET mics, but at a fraction of their cost.
- Uses include: Studio group vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, piano, room mic, etc...
- The three patterns, (Cardioid, Omni, and Figure 8) allow the CK40 to be used in a variety of situations including M-S and Blumlein recording.
- The -10 dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics.
- The 80 Hz high-pass filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from muddying up the track.
- Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
- Extra-large dual 35 mm center-terminated Euro style capsules
- The versatile Stereo CK40 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included custom shock mount inhibits the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The versatile Avantone CK40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin large 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. Their close physical proximity places them in a tight vertical array to allow accurate stereo imaging without phase issues arising. The top capsule/grill assembly rotates up to 180 degrees relative to the lower capsule/grill assembly. This feature along with the multi-pattern independent selector choices allow for all stereo recording techniques to be utilized. (XY-Coincident / Blumlein, M-S)
The 2 sets of pad, pattern select and LF rolloff switches independently control the capsules. (Front switches control the lower fixed grill/capsule while the rear switches control the upper rotating headgrill.)
The CK40 operates on standard 48 volt phantom power and includes a 5-Pin mic cable that plugs into the included 1x2 stereo splitter box. Two standard XLR mic cables are all that is required to connect to a phantom powered mic preamp/console channel.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Avantone Pro products.
Type: Stereo True Condenser Microphone
Polar Pattern/s: Cardioid , Omni , Figure 8 (x2)
Capsules: (2) Dual plate 35mm gold sputtered diaphragm / brass assembly
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
Maximum SPL: 147 dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
S/N Ratio re 1Pa: 77dB
Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin
High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
Attenuation Switch: -10 dB
Included Accessories: Wood Box, Shock mount, Foam Filter, 2x1 splitter box, 30 foot Cable, Metal road case
Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom (x2) 3mA current consumption
Size: 27.6cm x 49mm (10 7/8 x 1 15/16 inches)
Weight: .95 kgs / 2.1 lbs
Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs