The Avantone BV1 is truly a gorgeous-looking and -sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the finest vintage tube mics of the 1950s and 1960s...but at a fraction of their cost!
The Avantone Buttercream (B-series) mics from Avant Electronics are designed to offer premium professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. Avantone strives to offer true value at every price point and invite sonic comparisons to higher priced mics.
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assembly -10dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
- Rugged BV1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass.
- Aesthetically, it features an elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs.
- Rear vents aid in stabilizing internal temperature to help secure tube longevity
- Any studio can proudly offer the BV1 as a primary Vocal mic... It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
- Manufactured using premium grade resistors and capacitors along with precision machined brass structural components that yield a very solid feel, superb sonic integrity and rugged reliability.
- The versatile BV1 mic is able to produce professional results with an open, warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic.
- Uses Include: Vocals, Acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, percussion, piano mic, etc...
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Avantone Pro products.
Output Impedance: <200 Ohms / transformer isolated
Maximum SPL: 134dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 144dB with pad engaged
Frequency Response: 25Hz-20KHz
Equivalent noise level: <18dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin
Included Accessories: Power Supply, Padded Wooden Mic Box, Shockmount , Custom Designed Tweed road case , Removable metal pop filter, 15' Gotham GAC-7 Tube Mic Cable
Tube Type: Select Low-Noise Russian 6072A
High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
Attenuation Switch: -10dB Switch
Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-Cream Body
Weight (BV-1 Mic Only): 1.3 kgs / 46 oz.
Weight (in case): 25 pounds (11.15 kgs)
Dimensions (Microphone): 10 x 2.5 inches - 25 x 63 mm - (long x wide)
Dimensions of Product Case: 23 x 7.5 x 17 inches
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 24 lbs