Avid Mbox with Pro Tools ExpressIt's never been easier to record, edit, and mix great-sounding tracks in your home studio. Avid's third-generation Mbox USB audio interface, acclaimed for its robust mic preamps, soft limiters and A/D converters, now comes bundled with Pro Tools Express, a 16-track version of the world's most popular software for music production and audio post. "Express" packs in most of the functionality of "full" Pro Tools 10 at a fraction of the price. Under the hood of this software, you'll find pro features like 32-bit floating-point processing for unlimited mix headroom, and an astounding 16,000 samples of Automatic Delay Compensation for rock-solid phase accuracy -- even when your 16 tracks are loaded with plug-ins. And you'll have a full palette of plug-ins to choose from, since Pro Tools Express comes with 30 software instruments, compressors, EQs, reverbs and more.
The Third-Generation MboxWhat makes one USB audio interface better than another? For starters, it's the signal path, including the microphone preamps and analog-to-digital converters. When a too-hot analog signal hits a cheap digital audio interface, the converters essentially run out of ones and zeros -- resulting in ugly digital clipping, and unusable audio. But set your levels too low, and you'll compromise the dynamic range of your recording. The Mbox solves this problem by adding the same soft-clip limiter circuits found in high-end Pro Tools HD interfaces, so you can accommodate that rogue hot moment in your signal without trashing a whole take. It's all part of the third-gen Mbox's radically upgraded mic preamps and 96 kHz / 24-bit analog-to-digital converters. In addition to two channels of analog I/O, there are two channels of S/PDIF digital I/O, and the mic/line inputs double as two instrument DI inputs; just plug your guitar or bass in to the front panel instead of the back. The back panel also includes MIDI I/O, so you can connect any MIDI-cable keyboard controller to compose and record with virtual instruments in your DAW.
Extreme Build Quality, Extreme PortabilityEnclosed in a substantial, 1/8-inch thick metal casing, the Mbox is clearly built from the ground up to travel. Its outstanding build quality is clear, with knob shafts and jacks firmly secured to the all-metal casing. This is one USB 2.0-bus-powered audio interface that's not only small enough to take to rehearsals, shows, studios, and outdoor field recording -- it's also clearly built to withstand any amount of abuse kicking around in your bag. But for all its portability, the Mbox doesn't skimp on hardware features that come in handy in the home studio: it has its own onboard reverb and a built-in guitar tuner. So you'll never have to interrupt your creative flow by unplugging your instrument to tune up. And onboard DSP means you can dial in reverb to the headphones, inspiring vocal performances without taxing your computer's processors or muddying up your control room mix. Simply put, the Mbox is both a fantastic home-studio front-end, and an ideal portable USB interface for mobile stereo recording with your laptop.
Run Pro Tools Express -- Or Your Own Favorite DAWGot old Pro Tools MP or Pro Tools LE projects? Did your band cut an album at a studio on Pro Tools HD? Fear not: Pro Tools Express can open and work on sessions created in all other versions of Pro Tools. So go ahead -- track your project in another Pro Tools studio, then open up your session in PT Express at home and overdub that guitar solo. Already have a favorite DAW? Beyond Pro Tools Express, the Avid Mbox is a killer interface for other major recording and production apps: Cubase, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Apple Logic, and many more. With two 1/4-inch DI inputs on the front panel for your guitar, two phantom-powered XLR-1/4" mic / line inputs accessible from the back, plus S/PDIF and MIDI I/O, the 4-in / 4-out Mbox is a fantastic front end for any DAW -- plus it's a smart economical choice if you're planning on expanding your track count by upgrading to full Pro Tools in the future. No matter which DAW you run with it, Avid's Mbox is one road-worthy USB interface -- and a piece of audio hardware you'll never want to be without.
Mbox Features:- Avid's high-end mic preamps, soft-clip limiters, and analog-to-digital converters
- Two XLR-1/4-inch mic / line inputs with front-panel 1/4-inch instrument inputs
- S/PDIF digital I/O and MIDI I/O
- Two 1/4-inch balanced monitors outputs
- Front-panel headphone output with dedicated volume knob
- Built in hardware reverb and guitar tuner
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 for ultimate portability
- Includes Avid Pro Tools Express: 16-track version of Pro Tools
- Compatible with Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase, and more
Pro Tools Express Features:- 16-track version of Pro Tools software with most of PT10's features
- 16 k automatic delay compensation
- 32-bit floating-point processing for unlimited mix headroom
- Comes with over 30 plug-ins: virtual instruments, AIR effects processors, utility plug-ins, and more
- Virtual instruments include Boom drum machine/sequencer, Structure Free smaple player and Xpand 2 multi-timbral synth
- Compatible with third-party plug-ins: AAX, AudioSuite, and RTAS
- iLok included
The original Mbox audio interface was released over a decade ago with one goal: to provide an affordable hardware entry point to users who wanted access to Pro Tools, the world's industry-standard music recording and production software -- then and now. Ever since its first version, the Mbox has been ubiquitous as a Pro Tools hardware interface. And with Pro Tools Express included, the now-legendary Mbox is a better value than ever.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Avid Audio products.
System requirements:- Avid-qualified Mac or PC (see the latest supported computers)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8, Mac OS X Lion (10.7), or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32- or 64-bit)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 5 GB of free hard disk space for Pro Tools Express installation
- USB port for Mbox connection
- USB port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 included)
- Compatibility Interface: Works with ASIO, Core Audio, WDM, MME, and multi-client drivers
- Mbox interface
- Pro Tools Express software activation card (download required)
- Drivers installation disc
- iLok 2 USB key
- USB cable
- Mbox quick setup guide
- Registration card
Avid Mbox with Pro Tools ExpressRecord, edit, and mix performances with stunning sound quality using the professional-grade Avid Mbox USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools Express. The Mbox is a great value by itself but it now comes with Pro Tools Express software at no additional charge, making it an even better buy! With Avid Mbox interface, easily connect mics, instruments, monitors, and other analog, digital, and MIDI gear with your Mac or PC to create studio-quality productions.
Use Pro Tools Express to sound your very best, or pair the Avid Mbox interface with your favorite third-party audio software such as Logic, Live, Fruity Loops, Cubase, and more. No matter what you choose, you'll always sound amazing, as Avid Mbox was designed by the same team who created Avid's top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD Series audio interfaces, giving you the sonic clarity of interfaces costing much more.
The Avid Mbox USB audio interface is designed by the same engineering team behind Avid's top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD systems. That means you get the exceptional audio quality and ease of use enjoyed by commercial studios in the comfort of your own home, project studio, or wherever inspiration takes you.
Sound amazing with MboxWhether you work solo or collaborate with others, you'll sound better than ever with the re-architected Avid Mbox audio and MIDI computer recording interface.
- Get best-in-class sound quality and performance with professional-grade circuitry and premium audio conversion
- Capture and mix studio-quality sessions, with up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio resolution
- Connect and control your gear with:
- 4 x 4 simultaneous channels of I/O
- Two XLR mic/line combo inputs with professional-grade mic preamps and 48V phantom power
- Two 1/4 inch DI inputs on front panel for easy access
- Two balanced 1/4 inch monitor outputs
- One 1/4 inch stereo headphone output with volume control
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- One MIDI input, one MIDI output
- Monitor control section with Mono and Dim controls
- Dedicated monitor volume knob
- Use Mbox with your favorite recording/music creation software, including Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Cubase, and more
- Track hotter signals without clipping with the soft-clip limiter
- Ensure your instruments are in tune with the built-in guitar tuner
- Set up flexible cue mixing and reverb effects with the onboard DSP
- Create anywhere you go with bus-powered USB 2.0 connectivity
Pristine quality, powerful performanceGet best-in-class audio quality, exceptional performance, and the lowest possible latency in everything you do with Avid Mbox, featuring professional-grade converters, advanced recording technology, and a premium analog signal path. Avid's stringent testing standards assure rock-solid performance in even the most demanding environments, whether you create with Pro Tools Express, upgrade to Pro Tools, or use third-party audio software.
Work the way you wantGet the flexibility to work in more ways than ever. Use Avid Mbox with the included Pro Tools Express software, or upgrade to Pro Tools for maximum creativity, speed, ease, and total session compatibility with Pro Tools studios worldwide. And get great performance when you use Mbox with any Core Audio- or ASIO-compatible software, such as Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more.
Create effortlessly with extrasThe Avid Mbox interface comes packed with advanced features, making it even easier to get great results. Tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments using the integrated guitar tuner. Prevent distortion when tracking louder sources using the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter found in the Pro Tools HD Series interfaces. And set up more pleasing cue mixes with reverb using the onboard DSP.
Maximize Creativity with Pro ToolsWhile Pro Tools Express recording software will satisfy the creative needs of many aspiring pros, you can upgrade to the full Pro Tools software at a great discount whenever you're ready. With Pro Tools, you get more tracks, ultimate performance, and tons more advanced features to take your talent to the next level.
Included Software and Plug-insCompose, record, edit, and mix at the speed of your creativity and get the professional tools you need to sound your very best. Pro Tools Express, included with the Avid Mbox interface offers many of the same industry-standard tools of its big brother, Pro Tools 10, to help you turn the song in your head into reality, with professional results.
- Create music and sound for picture using many of the same industry-standard tools used by top producers, engineers, and artists
- Take your projects to the next level with session file compatibility across all Pro Tools systems
- Record and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks at 96 kHz (Mbox) resolution
- Compose music easily with virtual instruments, MIDI editing, and Sibelius notation tools
- Create pro-quality mixes with a collection of high-quality plug-ins and Automatic Delay Compensation
- Get a gigantic leap in sound and speed, and save over 40 percent, when you upgrade to Pro Tools
Complete Features- Get best-in-class audio quality and performance with professional-grade hardware
- Create studio-quality productions with audio resolutions up to 32-bit, 96 kHz
- Compose, record, edit, and mix with Pro Tools Express using many of the same industry-standard tools as Pro Tools
- Have the flexibility to use Mbox with your favorite software (Core Audio, ASIO, WDM, MME, and multi-client drivers included)
- Record yourself and others through a variety of analog, digital, and MIDI I/O
- Create anywhere inspiration takes you, thanks to its robust, compact, USB-powered housing