Unless you've been living under a rock for the past decade or two, you're probably familiar with Avid Pro Tools, the industry-standard software and hardware solution used by recording and production professionals all over the world. Pro Tools was already well-established when the first Mbox audio interface was released in 2002. The original Mbox was ahead of its time -- and an instant smash hit among professional Pro Tools users that demanded portability, as well as new users looking for an affordable hardware entry point to the world's most ubiquitous music production software. As the Mbox's popularity increased over the years, the product line grew to include the eight-input Mbox Pro.
Avid's release of Pro Tools 9 allowed users to run the full Pro Tools software without using an Avid-specific interface for the first time. Yet Avid continues to expand and update the Mbox line. If any interface will do the job, why do seasoned Pro Tools users and new users alike continue to choose the Mbox audio interface as a front end for their Pro Tools 9 systems? The answer lies within the third-generation Mbox Pro.
The New and Improved Third-Generation Mbox Pro
Avid's third-generation Mbox Pro FireWire audio interface features six simultaneous analog inputs, including two instrument Direct Input channels and four microphone channels with dramatically upgraded on-board preamps and soft limiters that handle hot signals without clipping. The on-board 24-bit, 192 kHz analog-to-digital converters are radically improved over those found on previous Mbox models, cramming big-studio quality into a portable box. In addition, there are two channels of S/PDIF digital I/O. Perfect for everyone from a rock band that wants to record their rehearsals or shows, to a semi-professional project studio engineer, the Mbox Pro is jam-packed with useful features like a built-in guitar tuner and on-board hardware reverb handy for tracking vocals.
Portable and Flexible
Portability was the reason the original Mbox was invented in the first place. Thanks to that interface, mobile computer-based recording has become commonplace. The Mbox Pro lives up to its legacy with a road-worthy, solidly constructed case that's clearly meant to travel to studios, live venues, and out in the field. It may be possible to run Pro Tools on a laptop with nothing more than an iLok and headphones plugged in -- but the FireWire-bus-powered Mbox Pro makes it almost as easy to carry four channels of pristine mic preamps and A/D conversion. What's more, you can use the Mbox Pro as a FireWire interface with with non-Avid software like Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase, and more. But just in case you'd rather use Pro Tools, this Mbox Pro comes bundled with Pro Tools 9 and a free Pro Tools 10 upgrade included. Just add your computer -- and your music.
- Dramatically upgraded mic preamps and analog-to-digital converters
- Soft-clip limiter built into all four mic preamps
- Built-in guitar tuner
- Connect up to three pairs of monitors, or mix in 5.1 surround with the Complete Production Toolkit software
- Includes Avid Pro Tools 9 with free upgrade to Pro Tools 10
- Compatible with Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase, and more
Bottom line: if you already know you want Pro Tools as your audio production software, why not invest in a truly professional-grade FireWire interface to match?
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Avid Audio products.
Professionals around the world have long been using Pro Tools systems to create award-winning music and sound for film and TV. Now you can get the same world-class results in your personal studio with Avid Pro Tools Mbox Pro--a complete, integrated, computer-based music creation and production system. Designed by the same engineering team responsible for the high-end Pro Tools HD systems, the Mbox hardware interface features a premium analog signal path and high-performance converters for exceptional sound. Pro Tools LE software is included to deliver everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix music. The Avid Mbox Pro also provides third-party drivers for rock-solid integration with nearly every popular audio recording application.
- Compatible with most major audio software
- Pro Tools 9, Logic, Live, Cubase, and more
- FireWire connection
- Professional-grade circuitry and converters deliver exceptional audio performance
- Up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rates*
- Soft-clip limiter lets you track hot signals without clipping--providing a classic overdriven tape saturation sound
- Built-in guitar tuner
- Onboard DSP offers flexible cue mixing and reverb effects
- Assignable Pro Tools multi-function button on interface gives you fast access to software functions
- Connect up to three pairs of monitors or do 5.1 surround mixing**
- Includes Pro Tools LE 9 Software
*Up to 96 kHz sample rates supported with Pro Tools LE 9 software.
**Mixing 5.1 surround sound in Pro Tools 9 requires Complete Production Toolkit.
Designed by the same engineering team behind our top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD systems, the Mbox Pro interface features advanced recording technology for exceptional quality. A premium analog signal path and high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz* converters deliver pristine sound. Stringent testing standards ensure rock-solid performance in the most demanding environments.
The Mbox Pro interface is also compatible with other major recording applications, so you can make music any way you want. All-new drivers provide superior performance with Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more. So go ahead, use your favorite third-party DAW from start to finish--or record with the included Pro Tools LE software to ensure your sessions are compatible with pro studios around the world. No matter how you work, you'll sound great with Mbox Pro.
The Mbox Pro interface is packed with tons of advanced features that make it easy to get great results. Mbox Pro provides the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter circuit found in our high-end Pro Tools HD 192 I/O audio interface, so you can track much hotter signals without overloading the inputs and clipping. Built-in reverb helps you deliver more inspiring vocal and instrumental performances--without taxing your computer processor. The integrated guitar tuner enables you to tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments directly from the interface. And a Pro Tools multi-function button makes it easy to access common software parameters--like tap session tempo, start/stop record, and create a new track--right from the front of the interface. With Mbox Pro, your sessions will move at the speed of your creativity.
Pro Tools 9 Software Features
- Award-winning Pro Tools recording, editing, and mixing
- 48 simultaneous stereo audio tracks (expandable with Toolkit options)
- Includes over 70 professional effects and virtual instruments
- Professional MIDI sequencing with dedicated MIDI Editor window
- Integrated Score Editor based on award-winning Sibelius notation software
- Full Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch to easily adjust timing and pitch on your tracks
- Unique Beat Detective automatic groove analysis and correction tool
- ReWire support for streaming your favorite applications right into Pro Tools
- Huge selection of compatible third-party plug-ins and software options
- Works on Windows and Mac computers
In addition to an incredible 8 GB collection of pro-quality loops from industry sound heavyweights Big Fish Audio, Pro Tools software includes a comprehensive bundle of amazing virtual instruments, effects, and utility plug-ins.
*Ships With Pro Tools 9 software