Audio-Technica's 2000 Series is a 10-channel frequency-agile UHF wireless microphone system designed to suit a variety of applications, including MI/live performance, fixed installation, public address, A/V rental houses, and places of worship. It offers true diversity operation, easy setup, automatic frequency scanning with interference-free performance, and all the advantages of a high-quality, professional wireless system at an extremely affordable price.
Operating in the 600 MHz frequency band (656.125-678.500 MHz, TV channels 45-48) with 10 selectable frequencies and true diversity UHF wireless technology, the 2000 Series features automatic frequency scanning. At the touch of a button, this function automatically determines and sets the best available frequency (open channel) -- particularly useful when employing multiple wireless systems, thereby avoiding interference and intermodulation. When there is a need to utilize multiple wireless systems simultaneously, any of the 2000 Series' 10 channels may be used together without any frequency coordination problems or group selection issues. Additionally, the 2000 Series incorporates Audio-Technica's digital Tone Lock squelch plus an easy-to-read LCD information display, which provides convenient visual indications of settings and operation status.
The 2000 Series is comprised of two system options: the ATW-2110 UHF UniPak Transmitter System, consisting of the ATW-R2100 true diversity receiver and the ATW-T210 UniPak body-pack transmitter; and the ATW-2120 UHF Handheld Dynamic Microphone System, which also includes the ATW-R2100 receiver, plus the ATW-T220 handheld microphone/transmitter. The ATW-T220 microphone is engineered with the same capsule as Audio-Technica's acclaimed PRO 41 microphone, providing a focused vocal pickup while offering superior gain before feedback.
The true diversity ATW-R2100 half-rack receiver features an all-metal housing for superb shielding, as well as dual independent receiver sections. Its true diversity operation selects the best signal from the two independent receiver sections, thus reducing dropouts and minimizing multipath distortion. The ATW-R2100 offers 10 PLL-synthesized UHF frequencies, advanced digital Tone Lock squelch, soft-touch controls with LCD information display, detachable UHF antennas, plus a rack-mount kit. Also included is a transmitter battery indicator LED, XLRM-type balanced and 1/4-inch unbalanced outputs, plus a ground-lift switch.
The versatile ATW-T210 UniPak body-pack transmitter has a multi-function LCD display, soft-touch controls for convenient set-up and operation, along with low- and high-impedance inputs (with a bias connection) for use with dynamic and electret condenser microphones as well as Hi-Z instrument pickups. In addition to its programmable functions, the ATW-T210 has a hinged cover to limit access to controls as appropriate for the application and user. The ATW-T210 is powered by two easily installed 1.5V AA batteries that provide approximately nine hours of operation. The ATW-T210 is compatible with the Audio-Technica Wireless Essentials accessories.
The ATW-T220 handheld microphone/transmitter features the same resilient capsule as A-T's popular PRO 41 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone. This element assembly, part of the R & D for A-T's acclaimed PRO Series, was specifically designed with high-performance specifications in mind for clarity, volume, and durability. Providing a natural, focused vocal pickup while supplying excellent feedback rejection, its internal shock mounting reduces handling noise, making the ATW-T220 ideal for close-up vocal use in live performance settings. Whether used as a handheld mic or mounted on a microphone stand, the ATW-T220 handheld microphone/transmitter excels by virtue of its rugged metal construction, the included AT8456a Quiet-Flex stand clamp, and extended battery life -- approximately nine hours, powered by two 1.5V AA batteries.
AT829cW Cardioid Condenser Lavalier Microphone
This microphone's small size allows it to be worn as a lavalier, or hidden in loose clothing. For normal lavalier use, attach the microphone about 6 in. (15 cm) below the user's chin. Anticipate movements that may cause the microphone to rub against or be covered by clothing and position the microphone to avoid it.
- Serious advances in affordable professional wireless
- Clear sound quality and rock-solid, dependable performance
- Automatic frequency scanning finds an open channel at the touch of a button
- All 10 user-switchable channels are compatible for easy use with multiple systems; no confusing frequency groups
- True Diversity operation selects the better signal from the two receiver sections, reducing dropouts
- Tone Lock tone squelch system fights interference
- Rugged metal half-rack receiver with soft-touch controls and LCD display featuring RF and AF metering
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4-inch output jacks enable use with a wide variety of audio gear
- Includes rack-mount kit and detachable UHF antennas
- Ground-lift switch helps eliminate audible hum caused by ground loops between the sound system and receiver
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones
None of the wireless systems we carry are capable of violating the FCC guidelines stated above. We are presenting this information as a matter of legally required disclosure.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Overall System Specifications
- Operating Frequency: 656.125 to 678.500 MHz
- Number of Channels: 10 total
- Frequency Stability: +/-0.005%, Phase Lock Loop frequency control
- Modulation Mode: FM
- Normal Deviation: +/-5 kHz
- Operating Range: 300 ft. typical
- Operating Temperature Range: 41 degrees F (5 degrees C) to 113 degrees F (45 degrees C)
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 15 kHzReceiver Specifications
- Receiving System: Dual independent RF sections, automatic-switching diversity
- Image Rejection: 55 dB nominal, 50 dB minimum
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: >100 dB at 40 kHz deviation (A-weighted), maximum modulation 40 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <1% (10 kHz deviation at 1 kHz)
- Sensitivity: 20 dB
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Channel D (656.125 - 678.500MHz)
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs
- Channel I (487.125 - 506.500MHz)
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs