Audio Technica ATM450 Condenser MicOne of the stars of the Artist Series remake, the ATM450 cardioid condenser offers an innovative side-address stick design for endless placement options and minimal obstructions. The microphone is equipped with an integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter that provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The ATM450 also features a switchable 10 dB pad that lowers the microphone's sensitivity, providing higher SPL capability for flexible use with a wide range of performers and system configurations. The microphone's extended flat frequency response makes it ideal for high SPLs as well as for live and amplified acoustic instruments. Includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
Features:- Unique side-address stick design maximizes placement options with minimal obstructions
- Uncompromising sound quality for overheads, percussion, acoustic guitar, strings and other acoustic instruments
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- Durable performance for professional applications
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Includes isolation clamp for shock protection, secure mounting and easy positioning
The ATM450 is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 singlechannel or CP8506 4-channel phantom power supplies.
An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, airhandling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations. The ATM450 is also equipped with a switchable 10 dB pad that lowers the microphone's sensitivity, thus providing higher SPL capability for flexible use with a wide range of performers and system configurations.
The ATM450 includes an AT8471 isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise. Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110 degrees F (43 degrees C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
Artist Series MicrophonesAudio-Technica's renowned Artist Series has been re-engineered from the ground up. They've packed the culmination of 40-plus years of research and design into the rebirth of these road-proven, reliable designs -- adding some spectacularly innovative microphones to the line, and upgrading classic models for a complete selection of vocal, instrument and drum mics.
This first-ever remake of the Artist Series was inspired by consultations with touring artists and sound engineers who rely on these microphones for rock-solid performance night after night. Our engineers turned their what ifs into why nots. Why not create a dual-element kick drum mic that the working musician can afford? Or a pencil side-address condenser built for incredibly flexible placement options? What about adding a durable vocal condenser to the Artist Series family? And while they're at it, why not include a generous selection of real-world accessories that make these microphones easy to use on a clutter-free stage. We are proud to have made these and more dreams for this series a reality.
The sound is everything you'd expect from Audio-Technica. The vocal mics set industry standards for intelligibility, detailed reproduction and noise suppression. The new instrument microphones feature a fast transient response and low distortion characteristics that faithfully reproduce the complex details of virtually every sound source. For the drums, Audio-Technica built on the legacy of its legendary AE2500, and introduced the new ATM250DE, a dual-element kick-drum microphone that combines 2 perfectly positioned capsules in a single housing.
Whether you use wedges or in-ears, line-array or portable PA, the Artist Series will help you squeeze every ounce of performance out of your reinforcement system. Plus they're built tough. As the company that made studio condensers durable enough for stage use, Audio Technica knows a thing or 2 about solid construction. The Artist Series is rugged to the core -- these all-metal microphones are engineered to perform flawlessly despite the inevitable bumps and bruises of life on the road.
These microphones are created to bring clear sound, rock-solid durability and aesthetic design to every stage where artists and audiences connect... from corner bars to Carnegie Hall. Meet the Artist Series. New, again, from Audio-Technica, the pioneer in high-performance transducer design.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audio-Technica products.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa*
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 152 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: (typical) 127 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 1 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 3.5 mA typical
- Switches: Flat, roll-off;10 dB pad
- Weight: 98 g (3.5 oz)
- Dimensions: 126.9 mm (5.00") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accesories Furnished: AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/ 8" -27 threaded stands; 5/ 8".-27 to 3/ 8" -16 threaded adapter;windscreen;soft protective pouch
- *1 Pascal = 10 dynes/cm 2= 10 microbars = 94 dB SPL 1Typical, A-weighted, using Audio Precision System One. Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 330-686-2600