Audio-Technica AT8024 Camera Mount Mic
strain-relief clip for the cable. Insert the cable into the clip to reduce wear on the cable and eliminate noise from cable vibration.
To install the battery, press the PUSH button located on the side of the unit. This will eject the battery compartment. Insert a 1.5V AA battery according to the polarity markings in the compartment, then press the compartment back into the body of the unit so that it clicks closed. When the mode switch is moved from the Off position to Mono or Stereo, the LED power indicator will illuminate green, showing that the microphone has power. Replace or recharge the battery when the LED illuminates red.
The attenuation can be adjusted by using the three-position input pad switch (-20 dB, -10 dB, 0 dB) located on the top of the unit. Adjust according to the volume of the sound source: -20 dB for the loudest sounds, 0 dB for the softest. The 80 Hz high-pass filter switch is located alongside the input pad switch. To engage the high-pass filter, slide the switch toward the "bent" line.
Since even slight or unexpected winds can adversely affect audio recordings, it is best to use the microphone with the supplied windscreen or, when recording in especially windy environments, the supplied fuzzy windscreen.
Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110* F (43* C) for extended periods. Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
Audio-Technica gives you an overview of the features of the AT8024 microphone:
- Designed for use with DSLR and other video cameras, delivering dramatically better sound quality than the camera's internal microphone
- Selectable line-cardioid mono or mid-side stereo modes provide the flexibility to capture high-resolution audio in any environment
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audio-Technica products.
- Elements: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar patterns: Line-cardioid, LR stereo
- Frequency response: 40-15,000 Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity:37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (Mono & LR Stereo)
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 128 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 148 dB / SPL, with 20 dB pad (Mono & LR Stereo)
- Dynamic range (typical): Mono: 106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL; Stereo: 104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio 1: Mono: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa; Stereo: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Battery (included): Type: One 1.5V AA; Life: 100 hours typical
- Switches: Mono, M-S Stereo; Three-position input pad; Flat, roll-off
- Weight: 114 g (4.0 oz)
- Dimensions: (L x D) 172.0 x 24.0mm (6.77 x 0.94")
- Output connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug on cable
- Cable: Permanently attached 0.2 m -1 m (7.8"- 39.3") coiled cable with right-angle molded 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug at output end
- Accessories: Windscreen; Fuzzy windscreen; AA battery
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):