Building on the design of the immensely popular AT-2020, the Audio-Technica AT-2050 delivers multi-pattern flexibility from the reigning champs of affordable recording solutions. Unlike the AT-2020 and the AT-2035, the AT-2050 offers three selectable pattern settings. Choose between the cardioid, omni-directional, and figure-8 patterns to bring an array of new recording options to your setup. With a 10 dB pad and low-cut filter thrown in for good measure, the AT-2050 is the perfect mic for anyone trying to expand their studio arsenal without breaking the bank.
With high SPL handling and a wide dynamic range, the AT-2050 is equipped for any recording scenario. Kick it into the omnidirectional pattern and record an entire vocal ensemble at once. Stick it between that guitar and banjo in figure-8 and capture your favorite bluegrass duo with no background noise creeping in. The cardioid setting produces excellent vocal clarity, but can just as easily be placed in front of that Marshall stack. High SPL resistance means it can stand up to the screaming British crunch with no tone lost and no harsh clipping.
Pro Quality at an Amateur Price
Users of the entire AT-20 line have been consistently floored by the pro-level quality delivered by such budget-friendly condensers. The added versatility of the AT-2050 only expands the series' reputation for value. Grab two and your placement options grow even more extensive. Stack a pair in the figure-8 setting for a classic Blumlein pair, and get exceptional stereo imaging. Try a spaced pair set in omni mode to stick your listener in the middle of any room.
Built to Last
Designed and tested with the care and quality Audio-Technica brings to all its mics, the AT-2050 is built to last. A custom shock-mount and carrying case are included for safe usage, and the gold-vaporized dual diaphragms are designed to improve with use. With options this robust and a comfortable price point, the AT-2050 is a fantastic purchase for any burgeoning producer.
- Three selectable patterns for optimum versatility (Cardioid, Omni-directional, Figure-8)
- 10 dB pad and low-cut filter switches for additional flexibility
- High SPL handling (149 dB, 159 dB with the 10 dB pad) to withstand the harshest of recording scenarios
- Low self-noise (17 dB SPL) for clean and accurate reproduction
- Gold-vaporized and aged to achieve optimum characteristics over years of use
- Included shock mount and carrying pouch
Given their knack for producing outstanding quality gear at refreshingly low prices, the value offered by every Audio-Technica mic always makes for an easy recommendation. With the ever-versatile AT-2050 rounding out the AT-20 series, this is one of the best values out there.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Element: Externally-polarized (dc bias) condenser
- Polar patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional,Figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80 hz, 12 db/octave
- Open ircuit sensitivity: -42 db (7.9 Mv) re 1v at 1 pa
- Impedance: 120 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 149 db spl, 1 khz at 1% t.H.D.; 159 Db spl, with 10 db pad (nominal)
- Noise: 17 dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): 132 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 pa
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52v dc, 4.7 Ma typical
- Switches: Polar selection; flat, roll-off; 10 db pad (nominal)
- Weight: 412 g (14.5 Oz)
- Dimensions: 170.0 mm (6.69 in.) Long, 52.0 Mm (2.05 in.) Maximum body diameter
- Output connectors: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8458 shock mount for 5/8 in.-27 threaded stands; 5/8 in.-27 to 3/8 in.-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
- Audio-Technica case style: R5
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 330-686-2600
The versatile AT2050 provides consistent, superior performance in switchable cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-of-eight polar pattern settings. Its dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged to achieve optimum characteristics over years of use. Equipped with a switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad, the microphone is ideal for studio and live sound use on vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
- Three switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Includes shock mount & protective pouch