Ideal for both studio and live sound applications, the ART Pro-VLA II is a tube-driven Vactrol-based compressor and leveling amplifier designed to propel your tracks, mixes and masters to professional status.
Two Channels of ART Tube Compression
Beef up individual tracks, or link the ART Pro VLA II's two channels in stereo. When you apply this two-channel compressor and leveling amplifier to your recordings, you will be rewarded with rich, full-sounding tracks that sound musical and natural, not squashed or obviously compressed. You can use the Pro-VLA II for both live audio engineering and studio recording applications, but it especially shines as a mastering tool.
VCA vs. Optical Compressors
As opposed to a more typical VCA-driven level detection circuit, the Pro-VLA II uses an opto-electronic design, which allows more compression to be added to an audio source. Interpretation? You get a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II the ideal dynamic control device for critical studio and live sound work.
Hybrid Design -- No VCA
Thanks to the hybrid design of the Pro-VLA II, the hardware compressor is able to do its job with extremely low noise and exceptional signal integrity. The Pro-VLA II combines optical electronics (a Vactrol, to be specific) with a 12AT7 vacuum tube gain stage, so you get the best of both worlds.
Hands-On Control Over Your Levels
On the face of the Pro-VLA II, you have Variable Threshold, Ratio, and Output controls, as well as Attack and Release knobs, for each of the two channels. Large LED backlit VU meters sit side by side, offering you the visual update you need for at-a-glance status checks on your audio levels. Likewise, easy-to-read 10-segment LED metering shows you what's up with output levels and gain reduction.
- 2-Channel hardware compressor and leveling amplifier ideal for tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound, or broadcast situations
- Vactrol opto-compression design (no VCA)
- Mastering-quality audio signal path with tube gain stage
- Enhanced link mode -- while in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio, and Output controls
- LED backlit VU input/output level metering
- LED metering indicates both average level and peak hold
- Accurate 10-segment LED gain reduction metering
- +4 dBu/-10 dBV Mode switch optimizes Pro-VLA II for interfacing with pro- or consumer-grade components
- Active balanced XLR and TRS 1/4-inch inputs and outputs
- Toroidal transformer reduces mechanical and electrical hum
In making the Pro-VLA II, ART sought to go above and beyond what typical VCA-driven compressors do, and create a tube compressor that adds a musical, natural, expressive touch to your sound.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
The ART Pro-VLA II is a tube driven Vactrol-based Compressor and Leveling amplifier designed to excel in any professional audio application, including tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound or broadcast situations. By using an opto-electronic design, (as opposed to a more typical VCA driven level detection circuit) the Pro-VLA II allows more compression to be added to an audio source with a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II the ideal dynamic control device for critical studio and live sound applications.
- Vactrol Opto-Compression Design (no VCA)
- Mastering-Quality Audio Signal Path with Tube Gain Stage
- Enhanced Link Mode - While in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, - optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio & Output Controls
- LED Backlit VU Input/Output Level Metering
- LED Metering Indicates Both Average Level And Peak Hold
- Accurate Ten Segment LED Gain Reduction Metering
- +4dBu/-10dBV Mode Switch Optimizes Pro-VLA II For Interface With Professional OR Consumer Grade Components
- Active Balanced XLR And 1/4-Inch Inputs & Outputs
- Toroidal Transformer Reduces Mechanical & Electrical Hum
ART Tube Compression
ART Tube Compressors deliver analog leveling/compression designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, and electronic instrument application. Our Tube Compressors excel at making tracks sound rich and full for both live audio engineering and studio recording applications.
ART's tube compression circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing the most advanced analog and tube technology, and has exceptional signal integrity with extremely low noise.
ART tube compressors utilize optical electronics (a device known as a Vactrol), coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance. Unlike typical compressors which use VCAs to control level detection, ART tube compressors are very musical, expressive and natural sounding.