Apogee MiC 96k is a digital microphone designed to deliver studio quality recording you can take anywhere. Use MiC 96k to record vocals, spoken word, acoustic guitar, piano, drums...anything! Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing and be easy to use with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
MiC 96k - Three products in one small package
MiC 96k combines a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Apogee has carefully designed each part of MiC 96k to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for both aspiring and professional artists looking for that big-studio microphone sound. Redesigned for the future, the MiC 96k delivers unsurpassed recording quality. MiC 96k is optimized for the latest Apple iOS devices, including the ability to record in pristine fidelity - up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Learn more about the Apogee MiC 96k with this video:
At a Glance
- PureDIGITAL Sound: PureDIGITAL connection delivers studio quality sound.
- High-Definition Recording:Up to 24-bit / 96kHz studio HD recording for pristine fidelity.
- For Vocals, Spoken Word & Acoustic Instruments: Record anything with MiC 96kHz including vocals, spoken word and podcasting, and acoustic instruments like guitar and violin.
- Works with iOS and Mac: Direct connection with Lightning or 30-pin iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) and USB connection to Mac.
- iOS 7 & OS X Mavericks compatible:Works with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Works with iOS 7 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Up to 96 kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- No configuration, just plug in and record
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video
- All metal construction
- Extremely compact and portable
- Works with GarageBand
- Bus-powered by iPad, iPhone or Mac (no batteries or external power required)
- Made in the U.S.A.
NOTE: iOS devices not included.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- iOS: iOS version: 6.1 and later
- iPod Touch (5th gen.)
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
- iPad Air, iPad (4th gen.), iPad (3rd gen.), iPad 2
- iPad mini
- Connection: Lightning or 30-pin iOS devices
- Power: From iOS device
- Software: Made for GarageBand
- Other software: Twisted Wave, Bossjock Studio, Apple video camera
- Works with any Core Audio compliant application on iOSMac OS:
- Mac OS version: 10.7.5 or later
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 1 GB minimum of installed RAM, 2 GB recommended
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- Software: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage, Pro Tools (v. 9 and later)
- Works with any Core Audio compatible application on MacIn the box:
- MiC 96k
- iOS Lightning cable
- iOS 30-pin cable
- Mac USB cable
- Desk top tripod stand
- Microphone stand adapter
- Quick start guide
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs