Product DescriptionThe Apogee GiO is the complete guitar interface for Apple's Logic, MainStage and GarageBand recording apps. Combining effects control, recording functions and legendary Apogee sound quality, GiO delivers total access to incredible sounding guitar amps and effects in a single foot controller and professional audio interface.
Apogee gives you a run-down of the GiO Guitar Interface:
Sound amazing with any applicationConnect the Apogee GiO to Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live or any CoreAudio application on the Mac.
Plug and Play and Rock with GiO and GarageBandGarageBand features 12 classic amps and 15 stompboxes and offers an amazing range of guitar tone and variety to your Mac. GiO delivers your guitar signal to and from these amps and effects with uncompromised quality. With GarageBand, the Apogee GiO lets users quickly connect their guitar, select and control built-in amps and stompboxes, and record. GiO's control panel is integrated into GarageBand and lets you easily make input and output adjustments to dial in level and volume.
From the studio to the stageDesigned to work with Logic and MainStage, the Apogee GiO allows guitar players to control recording functions, preset changes and plug-ins like Amp Designer and Pedalboard, along with the Playback and Loopback features in MainStage.
Hands-Free Guitar Recording With GiO you can record multiple guitar tracks in Logic without ever having to touch your computer. See how it's done in this video.
Apogee Shows you how the GiO is the prefect addition to your guitar rig:
Software Control with the Apogee GiO- Stomp on it. Effects control without the mouse. Imagine finding your sound without going back and forth from your guitar to your Mac. With GiO, you can audition effects presets in GarageBand, Logic and MainStage, and turn effects on and off while playing or recording... all without touching your keyboard.
- Hands free recording. The Apogee GiO frees you from key-command recording allowing you to concentrate on your performance and not the space bar. The five transport buttons on the Apogee GiO let you record, play, stop and quickly navigate thru your track without taking your hands off the neck of your guitar.
- "Next" preset please. Previous and Next preset select buttons let you quickly audition and toggle between guitar amps and effects presets in Logic and GarageBand and the patch lists in MainStage.
- Instrument input GiO's 1/4" instrument input features Apogee's world-class instrument preamp and converters. Hear and record your guitar's true tone straight into Apple's GarageBand, Logic and MainStage without compromise. GiO is optimized for all pickup configurations from the most basic single coil to sophisticated active electronics setups.
- MIDI Expression pedal input GiO's Expression control pedal input allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah, and volume. Also, control effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo. (Expression Control Pedal not included). Approved expression pedals include: Yamaha FC-7 and Roland EV-5
- USB GiO is fully powered by the USB connection to your Mac eliminating the need for an external power source. Simply plug into an available USB port on any Mac and you're ready to go.
- Output: Headphones, monitors or instrument amplifier Hear your guitar and recording like never before. Connect your headphones, powered monitors or instrument amplifier to Apogee converters via GiO's 1/4" stereo output and listen to your guitar and mix with incredible clarity and dimension.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Apogee products.
- Unbalanced 1/4" high impedance instrument input
- 1/4" MIDI Expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4" stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier
- A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- 2 "Previous/Next" preset selection buttons
- Control built into Apple's GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software- Dimensions (L x W x H):
18 x 7 x 2.5 in. - System Requirements:- Computer:
Mac, with an Intel or PowerPC G5 processor- Memory:
1 GB minimum of installed RAM, 2 GB recommended- OS:
10.5.7 or greater
- Apple's GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Logic Express 9
- Connection and Power: USB, powered by any available USB port on the computer- Package Contents:
- 5 meter USB cable
- 3 meter 1/4" Stereo to Left/Right RCA cable
- Apogee Software & Documentation CD
- QuickStart Guide
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 310-584-9394