Apogee GIO USB Guitar InterfaceApogee GiO is a studio-quality guitar interface that turns your Mac into the ultimate guitar rig for recording, rehearsing, or performing live on stage. GiO unlocks total control of the virtual guitar amps and effects in GarageBand, Logic, and MainStage through a single foot controller and professional audio interface. Easily turn effects on and off, select presets and control recording functions without ever letting your hands leave your guitar. With Apogee's industry-leading conversion and preamps, you won't need to lug around an amp or other heavy gear to sound amazing.
Apogee gives you a run-down of the GiO Guitar Interface:
Features:- Studio-quality guitar interface for recording, rehearsing, or live performance
- Advanced AD/DA converters and instrument preamp technology deliver your guitar's true tone
- Designed specifically for electric guitar and electric bass
- Optimized for active and passive pickups
- GiO's excellent signal quality optimizes the sound of virtual amps and effects
- Hands-free recording, effects on/off and preset selection
- Can be used with guitar amp, headphones and powered speakers
Rock your Mac with incredible guitar toneGiO is great for any guitar player with a Mac looking for a wide variety of virtual amps, effects and guitar tones for recording, rehearsing, or live performance. It's easy to connect GiO and start rocking.
Sound amazing with any applicationConnect the Apogee GiO to Logic, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Ableton Live or any CoreAudio application on the Mac.
Apogee shows you how the GiO is the perfect addition to your guitar rig:
Stomp on it: Effects control without the mouseImagine finding your sound without going back and forth from your guitar to your Mac. With GiO, you can audition effects presets in GarageBand, Logic and MainStage, and turn effects on and off while playing or recording -- all without touching your keyboard.
Inputs and Outputs with GiOGiO's 1/4" instrument input features Apogee's world-class instrument preamp and converters. Hear and record your guitar's true tone straight into Apple's Logic, MainStage and GarageBand software without compromise. GiO is optimized for all pickup configurations from the most basic single-coil to sophisticated active electronics setups.
Hands-free recordingGiO frees you from key-command recording allowing you to concentrate on your performance and not the space bar. The five transport buttons on GiO let you record, play, stop and quickly navigate thru your track without taking your hands off the neck of your guitar.
MIDI Expression pedal inputGiO's Expression control pedal input allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah, and volume. Also, control effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo. Expression Control Pedal not included -- approved expression pedals include Yamaha FC-7 and Roland EV-5.
"Next" preset, please!Previous and Next preset select buttons let you quickly audition and toggle between guitar amps and effects presets in Logic and GarageBand and the patch lists in MainStage.
Fully Powered by USBGiO is fully powered by the USB connection to your Mac eliminating the need for an external power source. Simply plug into an available USB port on any Mac and you're ready to go.
Output: Headphones, monitors or instrument amplifierHear your guitar and recording like never before. Connect your headphones, powered monitors or instrument amplifier to Apogee converters via GiO's 1/4" stereo output and listen to your guitar and mix with incredible clarity and dimension.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Apogee products.
- Unbalanced 1/4" high-impedance instrument input
- 1/4" MIDI Expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4" stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier
- A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- 2 "Previous/Next" preset selection buttons
- Control built into Apple's GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software
Dimensions (L x W x H): 18 x 7 x 2.5 in.
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel or PowerPC G5 processor
- Memory: 1 GB minimum of installed RAM, 2 GB recommended
OS: 10.5.7 or greater
- Apple's GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Logic Express 9
- Connection and Power: USB, powered by any available USB port on the computer
- 5 meter USB cable
- 3 meter 1/4" Stereo to Left/Right RCA cable
- Apogee Software & Documentation CD
- QuickStart Guide
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 310-584-9394