Apogee Converters and Preamps in a Truly Portable Interface!
Record music on the go with the sleek Apogee Duet, a 2-in/4-out USB audio interface designed to work with iOS and Mac platforms. The versatile Duet combines an audio interface, MIDI interface, and headphone amp, offering you an all-in-one system for creating high-quality recordings anywhere your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or Mac takes you. With legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion, defeatable Apogee soft-limiting, and two microphone preamps with up to 75 dB of clean gain, the Duet is an excellent portable audio interface for capturing pristine audio anywhere.
Apogee give you a guided tour of the Duet:
Sleek Desktop Design with Breakout Cable
The Duet interface's streamlined design includes a breakout cable with two combination XLR-1/4" input connectors for plugging in microphones, keyboards, guitars -- or even your external mic press, compressors, or EQ hardware. Four analog outputs are provided: two 1/4-inch balanced outputs for connecting the Duet to speakers or outboard gear, and a separate, independently controlled 1/4-inch stereo headphone output.
Defeatable Soft Limit
The Duet's two microphone preamps and 192 kHz/24-bit analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog (AD/DA) converters enable you to capture any sound at the ideal level and get pristine recordings. Apogee's famous Soft Limit limiter, which can be enabled in Maestro, offers protection from digital clipping by rounding off transient peaks before they hit the A/D converters.
Two Clean Mic Preamps
The Duet's audio interface's mic preamps feature seamless, click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout its wide 75 dB range. Just dial in the level you want, either with the controller knob or from within software, and expect to get low noise and articulate, smooth detail. With tons of clean gain and selectable phase-invert and +48V phantom power, the two mic pres can accommodate just about any dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones.
One Knob to Rule Them All
Functionality aside, the Apogee Duet just looks cool, for an audio interface. Made of lightweight aluminum, the unit sports one large controller knob that lets you toggle through all the inputs and outputs. A high-resolution OLED screen provides visual status of the ins and outs. On either side of the encoder knob are two configurable touch pads, which give you instant access to output functions such as Mute Outputs, Dim Outputs, Sum to Mono, or Toggle Headphone Source.
Manage All Audio and MIDI with the Duet and Maestro
Seamless integration with apps, virtual instruments, DAWs, and controller hardware? Check. With the Apogee Duet, Apple users get the best of both worlds: professional performance for iPad, and low-latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac. While using the Duet with your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, you can connect and power a Core MIDI-compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller, thanks to the unit's single USB/MIDI connection. MIDI I/O means you won't need a separate MIDI interface to get your work done.
The included Apogee Maestro software is the Duet user's best friend, as it provides quick access to all device and system settings via a simple, single window interface. With Maestro, you can select your input type, enable Soft Limit on mic and instrument inputs, and use the mixer for low-latency monitoring. When you're on your iPad or other iOS device, use the free Maestro app, capable of all the same things as the Mac software.
Check out our exclusive overview of the Apogee Duet Audio Interface:
- USB/MIDI audio interface for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, and Mac
- 2 analog inputs with mic preamps and selectable 48V phantom power
- 4 analog outputs: 2 balanced 1/4" outs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4" stereo headphone output
- USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac
- Direct digital connection with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Lightning and
30-pin cable sold separately)
- Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring.
- 2 balanced analog line outputs
- 1 Independent 1/4-inch stereo headphone output
- MIDI I/O lets you connect the Duet to controllers and synths
- Works with Mac-based DAWs and Core Audio-compatible apps
- Maestro control software provides I/O control and low-latency monitoring
- Get professional recordings with 192 kHz/24-bit A/D/D/A conversion
- Use DC power to charge your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad while you record
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Apogee products.
- USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
- 2 analog inputs: Combination Line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+14dBu max)
- 4 analog outputs:
- Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4" stereo headphone output
- 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
- Top panel high resolution OLED display
- Multi-function controller knob
- Two assignable top panel touchpads:
- Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
- Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- Mic Pre:
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- A/D conversion:
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- D/A conversion:
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
- Mac OS:
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional
- (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1.1 or greater
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- DC power required (DC power supply included)
- iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad miniiOS device compatibility (30-pin connector):
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- iPadCompatible Software:
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, AuriaIn the box:
- Duet 2
- Breakout Cable with:
- 2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument Inputs
- 2 Balanced Line Outputs
- Universal Power Adapter for US, UK and EU
- Quick Start Guide
- Software download and installation instructions
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 310-584-9394
Apogee Duet Audio InterfaceApogee Duet is an award-winning audio interface, headphone amp and MIDI interface making it easy to create professional recordings anywhere on your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Mac. With Apogee's legendary digital audio conversion and world-class mic preamps, Duet is the best way to capture your music with incredible dimension and detail.
The Duet for iPad and Mac features special circuitry designed to deliver professional performance for iPad use along with low latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac. And with the addition of MIDI I/O you can connect and power a Core MID compatible keyboard/controller while using Duet with your iPad or iOS device.
Legendary Sound QualityApogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless Grammy and Oscar winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Duet is built solidly on this reputation.
A difference you will hear.From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Duet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Duet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA convertersDuet's AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Duet's efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preampsMuch like the AD/DA converters, Duet's mic preamps feature components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Duet's mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Soft Limit for protection from digital oversAn Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee's AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee's most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Duet and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software.
This superior analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound.
Music Creation on the iPadInteracting with iPad to make music is like playing an instrument. In fact, some apps like Apple's GarageBand turn your iPad into a guitar or virtual instrument. Whether you are moving faders on a mixer, adjusting software parameters, or editing a waveform, iPad's multi-touch interface is a more hands on environment and superior to mouse clicks or track pad swipes.
There's a music app for everythingThere are hundreds of music apps for iOS and iPad. With multi-track recording DAWs like GarageBand and Auria, synths and drum machines like Animoog and DM1, utilities and guitar effects like Audiobus and JamUp Pro, the music creation offering for iPad is vast and varied. And most apps are more affordable than their Mac based counterparts.
Setting up your studio has never been easieriPad makes everything easier with a simplified user interface and plug and play connectivity for accessories like Apogee audio interfaces. You'll be amazed by how simple it is to set up your studio.
Share your musicSharing functionality is built-in to most apps, making it easier then ever to move files and collaborate on different devices including iPad to Mac.
Pro I/O Meets iOSApogee pioneered studio-quality recording on iPad with JAM, the first digital guitar input and MiC the first professional digital microphone for iPad. JAM was featured in Apple's iPad 2, GarageBand launch video. Now with ONE, Duet and Quartet, Apogee is the first to introduce professional multi-track recording interfaces to the world of iPad and iOS. These products complete this amazing platform by offering musicians, producers and engineers professional tools for music recording, production and listening.
Superior sound qualityFor almost 30 years, Apogee has been setting the standard in digital audio recording technology with award-winning products.
Maestro control software for iOSApogee ONE, Duet and Quartet are the first audio interfaces to feature software control made for iPad and iOS devices. Apogee's Maestro lets you access all hardware parameters and monitor with a low latency mixer.
Direct digital connection to iPadApogee ONE, Duet and Quartet for iPad and Mac feature special circuitry that makes a direct digital connection to iPad and iOS devices* and is certified by Apple's MFi (Made for iOS) program.
DC power charges iPadIn audio, adequate power is essential for excellent sound quality. With a direct digital connection and an external power source, ONE, Duet and Quartet are able to charge your iPad while you record so your work will not be interrupted.
Apogee Maestro SoftwareAccess all control functions and settings with Maestro, Apogee's comprehensive software control application. Maestro features a single window interface with quick access to all device and system settings. Select your input type, enable Soft Limit on mic and instrument inputs, and use the mixer for low latency monitoring. Maestro lets you easily configure your Apogee interface to fit your workflow.
Maestro app developed for iPod touch, iPhone and iPadApogee's free Maestro app for iOS brings total hardware control to iPad. Designed to create a seamless transition between Mac and iOS, Maestro's design was customized for each device; iPhone, iPad and Mac, ensuring an intuitive user interface across every platform. The app includes all the same essential functions available on the Mac including low latency monitoring. Maestro can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store on your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad.
Inputs & Outputs - All the I/O You NeedDuet's breakout cable includes 2 combination mic/instrument connectors (XLR and 1/4-inch built into a single connector) and 2 balanced 1/4-inch connectors for speakers. The elegant single cable-to-junction design allows for easy cable management and the locking connection to Duet is robust and stylish.
2 Analog InputsDuet's 2 combination input connectors (XLR and 1/4-inch) allow you to connect microphones, guitars and keyboards or your favorite external mic preamps, compressors and EQs.
4 Analog OutputsDuet includes 4 analog outputs. 2 1/4-inch balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4-inch stereo headphone output.
With these 4 outputs it's possible for a DJ to monitor a separate mix in headphones while sending a house mix to the club, a live performer to send a click track to in-ear monitors while sending a backing track to front-of-house, and a recording engineer to send a headphone mix to the performer while dedicating the main outputs to studio monitors.
MIDIDuet provides a single USB MIDI connection for your CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller. This eliminates the need for an external MIDI interface and promotes an all-in-one music creation solution where Duet and Maestro manage all audio and MIDI. On iPad, Duet's MIDI connection allows both Duet and a keyboard or DJ controller to be connected at the same time to the iPad's single 30-pin dock port.
Breakout Box AccessoryAvailable as a separate accessory for Duet is a solidly built, aluminum breakout box with 2 1/4-inch inputs, 2 XLR inputs (for 2 simultaneous channels of input) and 2 balanced XLR outputs. The Duet breakout box features studio-quality I/O connectors and includes a 2 meter cable allowing you to extend your input and output connections away from your desktop and minimize cable clutter.
Please note the breakout box does not enable extra inputs or outputs. Whether you are using the breakout cable or breakout box Duet is capable of 2 channels of analog input (mic, line, or instrument) and 4 channels of analog output (left/right headphones and left/right monitor outputs).
Control - See it, Select it, Dial it inThe high resolution OLED screen built into Duet's top is the main control center for Duet, delivering visual feedback for multiple functions including metering, numeric value for input and output levels, input grouping, and phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit indication. With this display you know the status of any input and output at any given moment without having to refer to Maestro or your recording software.
Multi-function Controller KnobAlong with its sleek aluminum chassis, the multi-function controller knob is one of the most recognizable features of Duet's design. This central control feature allows you to quickly and easily toggle thru Duet 2's inputs and outputs and set levels while looking at Duet 2's dynamic OLED display.
Configurable TouchpadsDuet 2 also introduces configurable touchpads. The 2 touchpads, located on either side of the encoder knob, allow you to quickly access output functions such as Mute Outputs, Dim Outputs, Sum to Mono or Toggle Headphone Source. Each are assignable using a drop-down menu within Apogee's Maestro 2. This unique feature allows you to select the function you want and access it directly from Duet 2 without having to look at software.
Features:- First professional stereo audio interface for iPad
- 2 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
- 4 analog outputs - 2 balanced 1/4" outs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4" stereo headphone output.
- USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac.
- Direct digital connection with iOS devices
(iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Lightning and
30-pin cable sold separately).
- Software control of hardware parameters
including input selection and low latency monitoring.
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- 2 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- 2 Balanced analog line outputs
- 1 Independent 1/4-inch stereo headphone output
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.