Get classic British sound built in the Albion factory. The Albion AG40DFX combo amp features a very unique "hybrid" preamplifier section combining a 12AX7/ECC83 tube and high voltage FETs (field effect transistors). This combination of circuit gives great tube sound, at an affordable price. A custom 12 inch speaker gives it the classic tone and the 16 built in digital effects add a whole sonic dimension.
Once upon a time lower entry guitar amp products were just that - low in sound and build quality! The Albion AG range blows that conception totally out of the water! The Albion AG40DFX is designed from the ground up as a "real" guitar amp. Amps that can be proudly used by guitar-players of any standing, from beginner to pro; without spending the "big bucks" of a top-end system. Perfect for practice and club gigs without any sacrificing of tone quality or playing "feel".
The ingredients behind the AG guitar amps, apart from being designed by a top-end designer, come together using a variety of technologies - high voltage FET devices, valves, and good solid-state design. The preamps of each model are a developed family of FET and valve, but unlike many competitive models the preamp technology works at high voltage just like these devices should do for their best performance. This gives a dynamic range, punch, and a tonal response more akin to more expensive pro amps but with much less maintenance than is required for their bigger brothers. These amps will perform consistently day after day.
With a guitar amp the sonic quality of the amp is only as good as the speaker system that it is connected to. Throughout the Albion AG series they attempt to use better performing loudspeakers than the competition. For instance in Albion's AG10 model Albion's uses a quality 8 inch speaker as compared to the 6.5" speakers in other brands -- it makes a big, big difference.
- 40 watt combo amp with Tube preamplifier
- A solid-state power amp circuit that also has some "tweaks" that lead to a very convincing valve-like tone
- 1 x 12" Albion Custom 8 ohm speaker
- Black vinyl with grey grille cloth and gold Albion logo
- Three-band Passive EQ
- Switchable channels with separate gain, and volume knobs for normal and overdrive mode
- 3.5mm headphone output jack and 3.5mm aux input jack on the top panel, 1/4" speaker out on the rear
- Open back design with 1/4" speaker out on the rear for plugging into a bigger cabinet
- Includes footswitch for A/B channel and Effects switching
- Solid-state digital reverb with delay, chorus, flange, reverb, and more
- Top mounted carrying strap
zZounds is an authorized dealer of