The Perception 120 USB is the very first USB-equipped microphone from AKG, offering studio-quality sound performance without requiring any installation or drivers. With the widespread USB standard and its ease of use, this model allows users without any recording experience to make professional-quality recordings from their home. It is a real plug-and-play device enabling customers to do podcasts, voiceovers and studio-quality rehearsal-recordings quickly and easily.
The USB is a widely known interface for audio equipment like sound cards, active monitors and outboard equipment, which makes the Perception 120 USB one of the most versatile microphones available.
In its class, the Perception 120 USB is the only USB microphone with an integrated analogue-to-digital converter with 24-bit and 128x oversampling. Instead of usual one-chip-solutions the high-quality analogue-to-digital converter provides convincing sound quality and low noise.
The Perception 120 USB includes a two-third-inch condenser capsule with a low-mass diaphragm delivering accurate sonic details, an integrated pop filter that avoids plosives, a switchable bass cut filter and an attenuation switch. It supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and MAC OS X but also Windows 7.
The Perception 120 USB comes complete with everything you need: a tripod table stand, a swivel mount, a quick start guide and an USB cable.
- Real Plug-and-Play (no installation, no drivers, no reboot required)
- Supports Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS
- Integrated high-quality Analogue-to-Digital Converter (24-bit, 128x oversampling) for convincing sound quality and low noise
- Two-third-inch condenser capsule with a low-mass diaphragm delivers sonic details
- Switchable bass-cut filter reduces mechanical vibration and wind noise
- Switchable attenuation pad for close-up miking and loud instruments
- Blue LEDs indicate operation
- Integrated pop filter avoids plosives effectively
- Tripod table stand, swivel mount and USB cable included
- Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Type: 2/3-inch Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0, -20 dB
- Bass filter: 6 dB/octave at 120 Hz
- Power requirement: provided by USB connection
- USB support: USB 1.1, 2.0
- Sampling rate: 44,1 and 48 kHz
- Analog-to-digital converter: Built-in high-quality 24-bit ADC
- Oversampling: 128x
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: 53 dia x 165 mm ( 2.1 dia x 6.5 in.)
- Net weight: 460 g (18.8 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 1050 g (37.0 oz.)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs