Product DescriptionThe AKG C 214 is the baby brother of AKG's legendary C 414 condenser -- a classic microphone prized for its versatility, transparent sound, and high SPL handling capabilities. Utilizing the same one-inch capsule as the C 414 and a fixed cardioid pickup pattern, the C 214 delivers comparable performance at a much more affordable price. Its fixed cardioid pattern is ideal for capturing vocals and instruments in the home studio, thanks to excellent off-axis rejection. With its all-metal die-cast body, you won't have to play nice with this microphone; it is well-suited to withstand the rigors of abrasive studio and live use. Its well-designed circuitry ensures that it is accurate at all frequencies, boasting a transparent and smooth sound with the slightest boost at 15 kHz, allowing it to cut through any mix without being too harsh.
On StageThe AKG C 214's capsule is capable of handling an incredible 136 dB of sound pressure. The edge-terminated capsule rejects off-axis sound and ensures that the instrument being miked is upfront and detailed. For applications that require a complete attenuation of the low frequencies, the C 214 offers a 150 Hz low cut filter. This filter is ideal when the C 214 is being used for drum overheads, vocals, and ambient stage miking. When the low-cut filter and 20 dB attenuation pad are engaged together, the C 214 can handle a blistering 156 dB SPL, allowing you to easily handle loud sources like drum overheads and close-miked guitar cabinets. Though the C 214 is highly sensitive, it will not succumb to RF interference commonly associated with wireless systems, radio channels, and other communications devices. This means you can be confident anytime you put the C214 on stage -- nothing is going to distract this performer.
In The StudioIf you're recording in a less-than-perfect environment, such as the typical home project studio, the C 214's integrated capsule suspension system helps you capture accurate recordings by reducing mechanical noise and resonances. The C 214's capsule has been designed with the input of professional sound engineers who were intimately familiar with the entire C 414 series. The C 214's huge dynamic range makes it ideal for close-miking aggressive vocals or loud sources like guitar amps and horns. Place the C 214 close to a source to take advantage of the cardioid pattern's proximity effect, which boosts lower frequencies at close range. You can also choose to offset this natural occurrence with the C 214's switchable low-cut filter, which rolls off frequencies below 150 Hz. Built using state-of-art manufacturing techniques and high-quality components, the C 214 will stand the test of time in even the most abusive studio situations.
Features:- 1" cardioid capsule
- High maximum SPL handling: 136 dB / 156 dB (with 20 dB pad)
- Solid sonstruction
- Low self-noise
- 20 dB attenuation pad and Low-Cut switch
- Rugged metal grill protects the capsule and blocks RF interference
- Shock mount included
- Metal carrying case included
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria
Optional Front End Bundle Includes:
- 1 x AKG C214 cardioid condenser studio microphone
- 1 x RaXXess POMT Stoppit microphone pop filter
- 1 x On-Stage 7701B tripod boom microphone stand
- 1 x Audio-Technica ATHM40FS Precision monitor headphones
- 1 x PreSonus EUREKA Pro Recording channel microphone preamplifier
- 1 x SE Electronics Reflexion Filter Ambience Control
- 1 x Hot Wires HWMC12 XLR to XLR microphone cable (20-foot)
The AKG C 214 is a fantastic solution for home studio owners seeking to expand their microphone lockers. With its large-diaphragm cardioid capsule and impressive SPL handling, this microphone is truly at home in front of a guitar speaker, drum set, or vocal. Designed with the input of world-class sound engineers, the C 214 offers the quality that the C 414 is known for, at an affordable price. With the included shockmount, windscreen, and high-quality carrying case, the C 214 offers a very big bang for your buck.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of AKG products.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Current consumption: < 2 mA
- Dynamic range: 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector: IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net weight: 280 g (0.62 lbs.)
- Shipping weight: 1450 g (3.22 lbs.)
- Patent(s): Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Matched Pair
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
3185 Z 00010
- Warehouse Resealed, USED
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 818-920-3212
Product DescriptionThe AKG C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. AKG's C414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected work horse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well. Drawing on the C414's design, the affordable C214 captures sound combining one side of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology, which results in an outstanding performance similar to the famous C414 B-XLS.
Features:- AKG's Legendary 1 inch Edge-Terminated Large-Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Build in Vienna, Austria
Like the C414 models, the C214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch--all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.