Akai's Modern Take on the Old-School Groove Box
Akai's MPC Renaissance Music Production Controller is a hardware and software music production system that meshes the processing power of your computer with the unbeatable feel of a genuine MPC groovebox. The hardware allows you to trigger samples from 16 drum pads as you sequence up to 128 tracks. Meanwhile, a series of pop-ups and menus will appear on your computer screen in the provided software for adjusting levels, tweaking settings, and running third-party plugins. Those already familiar with MPC products will have no trouble adjusting to the MPC Renaissance workflow -- and newcomers will pick it up quickly thanks to its intuitive layout.
Check out a performance by araabMUZIK on the Akai MPC Renaissance:
Ships with Over 9 GB of Stunning Sounds
With over 9 GB of audio libraries provided, including all the sounds of the classic MPC3000, the MPC Renaissance is ready for beat production fresh out of the box. The audio libraries come in the form of MPC Expansions, or custom virtual instrument plugins which simulate synthesizers, drum machines, and other instruments. All the building blocks of music production are here:
Includes 4 MPC Expansions:
- The Bank
carries the bulk of MPC Renaissance's music-production tools. With over 7 GB of sounds and 300 instruments to choose from including basses, leads, pads, and effects, The Bank has been aptly named.
- The Wub
brings in-your-face dancefloor sounds to the MPC Renaissance with over 75 instruments with numerous modulation controls for creating intense basslines and massive drops.
- The Noise
adds another 75 instruments for retro sounds including 8-bit and circuit bent samples.
- The 809
brings the drums. It's got all the classic MPC drum samples which can be tweaked to your ear's content.
And if that's not enough sounds for you, add your own virtual instruments as a plug-in. Plus, you can add more expansions to your MPC Renaissance as they become available from Akai.
More Than Just a Sequencing Sampler
One of the finest product lines of sequencing samplers on the market is now even better, thanks to full hardware and software integration. You can still use the hardware for everything you used to do with a sequencing sampler, while the software makes tweaking settings faster than ever. Full DAW integration also adds a wealth of versatility to the MPC Renaissance. Run the software as a plug-in, and it will integrate seamlessly into your current DAW setup. Or run the MPC Renaissance as a standalone application and launch third-party plugins within the software. You can run up to four third-party plugins per sample pad, meaning you can literally have hundreds of virtual instruments or effects all feedings into the MPC Renaissance in unison!
- Hardware and software sequencing sampler and music production system
- 16 backlit velocity and pressure sensitive sample pads
- Up to eight pad banks, sequence up to 128 tracks simultaneously
- 16 Q-Link controls and adjustable backlit LCD screen
- Record your mix or each track independently
- Includes four MPC sample packs: The Bank, The Wub, The Noise, and The 809
- Unit may be upgraded with additional MPC expansions in the future
- Seven filter types with adjustable dynamics
- Over 50 effects
- Assign up to four internal effects and four external plugins per sample pad
- Massive 9 GB sound library provided
- Note Repeat, Swing, and transport controls
- Vintage Mode lets you change output settings to MPC3000, MPC80, and more
- Two 1/4-inch/XLR combo inputs
- One RCA input with line/phono selector switch
- Two stereo 1/4 inch outputs
- 1/4 and 1/8-inch headphone outputs
- Two 1/4-inch ports for connecting footswitches
- Digital S/PDIF input and output
- Four channel USB 2.0 audio interface and two port USB hub
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Works standalone or as a plugin in DAW software
- Plugins supported as host: VST and AU (Mac only)
- Plugins formats available to other DAWs: VST, RTAS, AU (Mac only)
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND file types
- Sample rate: up to 24-bit, 96 kHz
- Mac or PC compatible with full 64-bit support
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC model
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Akai products.