The DPS16 is your all-in-one choice for uncompressed, professional-quality digital recording in one compact package. From tracking, to mixing, to mastering, the DPS16 is an affordable solution in a 24-bit/96kHz DVD world.
Q-Link Navigation provides real-time system access and assignable realtime control knobs
True 24-bit recording - No destructive data compression
Sampling rates up to 96kHz
24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters
56-bit internal processing
Large 6 in. diagonal flip-up graphic display
Equipped with 20GB IDE drive (standard)
Graphic waveform editing
External SCSI port
Compatible with DPS12 and DPS12i projects
High-impedance input select for direct recording of guitars and basses
Includes EB4M 4-bus EFX card with 56-bit processing (standard in the US)
Free AKG C1000S condenser microphone
16 Reasons Why You Will Want to Own this Piece of Perfection
1) The DPS16 features a recording section that is capable of 10-track simultaneous recording and 16-track simultaneous playback, a mixer section of 26 channels, and an internal effects section that enables you to use 4 effects channels simultaneously. In this way, the DPS16 can serve as a stand-alone music production tool that handles everything from recording parts to overdubbing, signal processing, and mixdown.
2) The DPS16 supports various recording formats: the standard, uncompressed 16-bit/44.1kHz; 16-bit/48kHz; and uncompressed 24-bit/96kHz - a first for this type of recorder. With 24-bit for up to 144db dynamic range and 96kHz sampling rate for 48kHz frequency response, phase coherent audio recording is ensured. Would you accept a simulated 24-bit "mode" for DVD production any more than a simulated 16-bit "mode" for CD production? Featuring 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters, the DPS16 does not require expensive external converters to achieve professional results. Everything you need is already included.
3) The DPS16 provides you with 16 recording/playback tracks (physical tracks) and 250 data storage tracks (virtual tracks). Switching among virtual tracks (that are assigned to physical tracks) allows you to record multiple takes of the same part or phrase and later select the best take for mixdown.
4) The DPS16 provides 2 XLR Combo jacks with switchable Phantom power to allow the use of high-quality condenser microphones. These inputs can also accept * in. balanced or unbalanced connections when necessary, providing a great deal of flexibility in the studio. Further enhancing this flexibility, the DPS16 allows input 8 to be switched to a high-impedance input, allowing your guitar or bass to be connected directly to the DPS16
5) The DPS16 has an internal IDE hard disk and allows you to connect up to 6 SCSI devices (such as external hard disks and MO drives) to the SCSI connector on the rear panel for recording and data backup. Connecting a CD-R/RW drive that supports Multi-Media Commands (MMC) enables you to write audio tracks of the DPS16 directly to a CD-R/RW disc.
6) A large 6 in. flip-up graphic display means you can easily see what you can easily do.
7) The DPS16 offers an improved and integrated waveform-level editing function. You can specify track(s) to edit and perform various editing operations, such as Copy & Paste, Cut & Paste, and Copy & Insert.
8) Up to 100 locate points in a song can be named and stored. You can immediately jump to any specified locate point using a simple operation. A "Direct Locate function" that assigns locate points to the keys on the front panel is also available.
9) Connecting a MIDI device, such as a MIDI sequencer, allows for master or slave sync operation. Using MIDI Machine Control (MMC) also allows you to operate the transport section and the selection/cancellation of recording tracks from an external device.
10) The mixer section is fully loaded with EQ, Pan, Aux send 1-4, Level, on/off capabilities, and 16 individual track faders and pan controls. In addition to the 16-track mix channels that control the output from recorder tracks, 10 Input Mix channels are available for direct control of input signals from the Input jacks. You can also mix down the signal from a connected synthesizer and/or sampler.
11) The DPS16 provides high-quality, 3-band, 56-bit digital EQ with sweepable high and low bands and a fully parametric mid-band. All 3 bands feature 128 steps per octave giving you the power to isolate the frequencies you need to bring your mixes to life.
12) The DPS16 is equipped with a scene memory that stores mix settings. You can create several mix configurations with different balance and EQ settings. You can also adjust the mix-related parameters via MIDI. Combining this with a MIDI sequencer will enable mix automation.
13) Six Q-Link knobs enable you to control mix parameters and effects parameters directly and intuitively without interrupting the flow of your work.
14) With the optional EB4M (standard in the US), 4 channels of multi-effects can be selected from among 44 types and routed via aux send/return 1-4 or inserted into a specified channel.
15) Value for money.
16) A brand name you can trust.
Q-link Navigation lets you access all major Record, Edit, Mix, and EFX functions with the press of a single button. The flip-up display includes 6 "Q-control" knobs adjacent to the display for real-time parameter adjustment. Imagine the drummer banging away on the snare while you tweak the Reverb depth, or the vocalist hitting hard on the mic while you dial in the compressor attack.
Q-Link Navigation truly makes the DPS16 a turn-key production tool.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Power Supply: AC 120V 60Hz (US, Canada), AC 220-240V 50Hz (Europe) 30W
Operating Temperature: 10-35