The Access Virus TI2 Desktop Integrated Modeling Synthesizer offers a portable tabletop version of this German-made professional-grade synth. With dual DSP engines, the TI2 Desktop is ready to simulate virtually any analog synth imaginable, and with over 3,000 patches read out of the box, it's easy to dive right in and start your next remix. The TI2 Desktop is also lighter than its predecessor, making this one easier to take on the road. What's more, the Virus TI2 Desktop runs as a virtual instrument within your favorite sequencing software, so it's ready to start making waves both on stage or on your Mac- or PC-based laptop computer.
2nd-Gen Upgrades: More Processing Power and a Huge FX Palette
The best analog modeling desktop synthesizer just got better with second-generation upgrades and a new OS. Offering 25% more processing power than its predecessor, the TI2 Desktop is packed with updated effects like tape delay and frequency shifter, plus six distortion effects modeled after real vintage distortion pedals.
Virtual Analog: Simulate Endless Combinations of Signal Paths
The TI2 Desktop achieves virtual analog sounds via all-digital DSP-based dual signal processing engines. Its architecture is modular in the sense that it can simulate endless combinations of signal paths, modeling a variety of different oscillation and filter types and a virtual two dimensional modulation matrix -- operations which would used to require enormous analog cabinets -- all directly from a box on your desk.
TI Means Total Integration
The unit also fully integrates with your favorite sequencing software, so you can control the TI2 Desktop as a virtual instrument. Just connect the TI2 Desktop to your computer via the provided USB cable and it will appear as a virtual instrument within your DAW. Doing so expands the user interface, granting the user new, intuitive ways for sculpting their waves. User settings will be saved when you exit the program so your virtual synth will be just how you left it the next time you load it as a virtual instrument.
- DSP-powered analog modeling synthesizer
- TI2 upgrade brings 25% more calculating power, new effects, and a redesigned housing
- Create sound with three LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from and two ADSR envelopes
- Dual DSP-based sound engines dynamically allocate resources depending on patch complexity
- 20 to 90 voice polyphony depending on patch
- Over 3,000 preset patches so you'll have plenty of sounds to play with
- 512 user-assignable patches
- More than 7,000 patches available as a free download from the Access Virus library
- Oscillator modes: virtual analog, wavetable, hypersaw, graintable, and formant table
- 192 onboard effects including reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, frequency shifter, ring modulator, distortion, three-band EQ, and more
- Two independent multi-mode filters
- Filter modes: high pass, low pass, band pass, band stop, and an analog filter modeled after the Moog MiniMoog cascade filter
- 32-step user-programmable arpeggiator pattern for each patch
- Program your own arpeggio or select from 64 preset patterns
- Modulation Matrix with six slots, each featuring one source and three destinations for simulating complex wiring schemes
- Automatically syncs tempo with incoming audio signals
- Tempo Tap button for inputting your own tempo
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations
- Studio-grade 24-bit digital/analog converters
- 192 kHz internal signal processing
- Seamlessly integrates with a DAW setup using a single USB cord
- Compatible as VST, AU, and RTAS virtual instrument plug-in
- Three stereo 1/4 inch outputs
- Stereo 1/4 inch input
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- USB port for audio, MIDI, and data connection
- S/PDIF input and output for digital I/O
- Dedicated headphone output
- Includes anti-theft key lock slot
- Powered via included power supply
- USB cable and Quick Start manual also included
- Weighs less than 8 pounds
- Used by artists like Above & Beyond, Armin van Buuren, Apparat, ATB, Booka Shade, BT, Chemical Brothers, Cliff Martinez, Craig David, Crystal Method, Danny Elfman, David Arnold, Dido, Deadmou5, Deep Dish, Depeche Mode, DJ Sasha, Garbage, HIM, Icon Of Coil, Klaus Schulze, Laurie Anderson, Lil Jon, Linkin Park, Massive Attack, NAS, Neptunes, Nine Inch Nails, Orbital, Paul Van Dyke, Pet Shop Boys, Prodigy, Radiohead, Rush, Scissor Sisters, Scooter, Stevie Wonder, Thomas Dolby, Tiesto, Timbaland, Tool, Underworld, Usher and more
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Inputs and Outputs
6 Symmetrical outs with +4dB studio level
Optional Soft Limiting for every output
192 Khz/24bit D/A converters
2 Inputs with 24-bit A/D converters
4 different input sensitivities
USB for audio, midi and data connection
USB2 compatible device, 12Mbit data transfer rate
S/PDIF In/Out for Digital I/O.
Dedicated headphone out.
Pure Tuning (Licensed)
What's in the box?
Printed Quick start manual in English, German, French and Spanish
Power Supply (Virus TI Desktop/Snow only)
Line voltage: 100-240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
Maximum continuous power: 30W
Operating temperature: 50 degrees to 95 degrees F (10 degrees to 35 degrees C)
Storage temperature: -40 degrees to 116 degrees F (-40 degrees to 47 degrees C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
Apple Logic 8 or higher
Steinberg Cubase SX/SL 3.1 or higher
Pro Tools 7.3 M-Powered, LE or TDM or higher
Ableton Live 7 or higher
Steinberg Cubase SX/SL 4 or higher
Pro Tools 7.3 M-Powered, LE or TDM or higher
Cakewalk Sonar Producer 7
Ableton Live 7 or higher
Image Line FL Studio 5 or higher
Please note that other sequencers/versions might work as well but eventually do not support all functionality. We strongly recommend only using certified products.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs
The Virus TI2 Desktop synth is a follow up to the widely acclaimed TI series of totally integrated synthesizers. It gives you 25 percent more calculating power and a redesigned housing and front panel. Access has also supplied a major feature update, OS4, adding extra FX including Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter and a handful of Distortion algorithms along with a premier feature named Character.
Character allows you to adjust the tone of a preset, most of which resemble vintage and well-known synthesizers, and emphasize certain aspects of the patch to allow it to cut better through the mix or fade it into the background with an extra-wide stereo field. The distortions were built from scratch and feature an extreme dynamic range along with sophisticated controls to tailor the sound to your specific needs. They can add everything from warm, tube-like overtones to complete sonic deconstruction more reminiscent of circuit-bending. The added algorithms also include a revamped bit and sampling-rate reduction, allowing you to change the quality and cutoff point with precise, continuously variable control.
The stereo Frequency Shifter and the new Ring Modulator are state of the art algorithms modelled with old '70s stomp boxes in mind.
The Tape Delay goes way beyond the possibilities of the real Tape Delays in the '60s and '70s. It smoothly syncs to tempo, lets you decide if a Doppler effect takes place when changing the tempo, and even switching the delay time between presets is all smooth, making it perfect for performers. Last but not least, a modification to the main VCA algorithm enables OS3 users to design gating FX known from electro and minimal influenced music.
Virus Control has received a completely redesigned user-interface thanks to various improvement requests over the last years. The plug-in now features a side chain input allowing you to mangle audio from a sequencer track with the FX and sound engine of the hardware Virus (for selected hosts only).
OS4 for the entire Virus TI line of synthesizers brings 6 more distortion flavors to the table, modeled on vintage guitar distortion pedals. Every one of these classic pedals is famous for its distinctive character and has been exploited by some of the greatest guitar heroes of all time. The virtual stomp boxes feature carefully modeled distortion curves and tonal characteristics and include tone controls where appropriate.
- Mint Overdrive - The sound of this one just screams tubes - a very special kind of overdrive which results in a wonderful smokey tone. Good for achieving a subtle distortion effect whilst still retaining headroom for dynamics.
- Curry Overdrive - A more extreme distortion, like in the original, this does not feature a Tone control.
- Saffron Overdrive - The orange one. A very harsh distortion, popular with the grunge movement.
- Onion Overdrive - A big distortion effect famous for its fuzzy character.
- Pepper Overdrive - A clear, powerful distortion thats perfect for making leads cut right through the mix. Tone control to soften sound with a lowpass filter.
- Chili Overdrive - A classic "fuzzbox" overdrive. No tone control, just in-your-face fuzz.
This effect is a simple and effective way to vocalize any sound similar to the way a talk box or vocoder would do.
The new comb filter creates everything from subtle, pitched overtones to extreme time-warped deconstruction of any given patch.
Arpeggiator To Matrix
OS4 for the Virus TI series introduces a powerful new feature that allows you use the arpeggiator pattern to modulate any of the parameters available to the modulation matrix. You can use this to create dynamic, rhythmical patterns within a sound, similar to what you can achieve with a step sequencer.